ATI Releases SMARTSHADER Demos for Mac
4:29 PM | Lucian Fong | Comment on this story
ATI has made the SMARTSHADER demos they use at tradeshows available for download. These applications run in real time and demonstrate the Radeon 8500 and 9000's advanced hardware capabilities. The package contains 5 impressive demos: Fur, Brains, Bubbles, Ocean, and Tubes. Perhaps the most impressive (and most interactive) demo is Fur, which is a 3D rendering the letter "X", clad in Jaguar fur. Hitting "+" on the numeric keypad changes the model to a torus or a mask (make sure to turn off the alpha test by pressing "a"). You can turn various features on and off, as well as grow and shrink the fur as you please. If you want to stress your video card, try running several demos at once.
Below are the minimum system requirements:
• Power Macintosh computer with AGP & supported ATI graphics cardBe sure to read the included documentation before running the demos.
Download SMARTSHADER Demos (12.6 MB)
• RADEON 9000 Pro Mac Edition • Mac OS X 10.2 Jaguar or newer (10.2.x)
• RADEON 9000 Pro (Built-In)
• RADEON 9000 Mobility (15" Titanium PowerBooks)
• RADEON 8500 Mac Edition
• 128MB of System Memory (RAM)
Radeon 8500/9000 Mac Edition Demos
Radeon 9000 Pro
Recent Mac Games News
Wednesday, February 5, 2003
Tuesday, February 4, 2003
Monday, February 3, 2003
Friday, January 31, 2003
Thursday, January 30, 2003
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.