Dark Castle, X-Plane Updated
6:00 AM | Eddie Park | Comment on this story
Two game demos currently available at Mac Game Files have recently received minor updates. First on the list is the Return to Dark Castle demo. Based off the old-school hit sharing the same name and published by Z Sculpt, RtDC has been updated to version 3.0 b9 and lists the following updates:
• Internal changes in preperation for new Level EditorNext on the list is Laminar Research's flight simulator X-Plane. Billed as "the world's most comprehensive flight simulator," X-Plane has been bumped up to version 6.25 RC-2 and adds the following fixes and changes:
• Misc. bug fixes
• WEIGHT-SHIFT AS A CONTROL INPUT! Now we have the weight-shift in those hang- gliders, Wright Gliders, and any other case where weight-shift steers!Those interested in checking out either of these demos can find them both at MGF.
• Output STABILITY DERIVATIVES! OTHER flight sims use the stability derivatives to imitate how their airplanes fly... but someone must enter those derivatives for each airplane, and of course they do not know exactly what that derivative is! Now, go to the Special Menu in X-Plane to let X-Plane figure out those deriviatives and output them for you! This can be used to get a "performance number" on the stability of the craft.
• OK, planet map draws airplane at right heading.
• Custom needles and text messages time out after 1 second now.
• Heavy metal clock reads time correctly on both analog and digital indicators. Fuel transfer does not "invent new fuel" if you try to transfer from an EMPTY tank!.. also no sxr if electrical system inop!
• FMS plans can be saved and loaded now.
MGF - Return to Dark Castle Demo
MGF - X-Plane Demo
Return to Dark Castle
Buy Return to Dark Castle
Recent Mac Games News
Wednesday, July 31, 2002
Tuesday, July 30, 2002
Monday, July 29, 2002
Friday, July 26, 2002
Thursday, July 25, 2002
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.