X-Plane 6.16 Released
9:10 AM | Tim Morgan | Comment on this story
Continuing like clockwork, Laminar Research has released yet another update to X-Plane, taking it to version 6.16. X-Plane creator Austin Meyer details some of the new features and bug fixes in this new version:
- Critical naming convention change!
- Visible slats, just like with the speedbrakes!
- View left and up and right and up for the turn to final in a VFR pattern. See the view menu. Kind of nice.
- Auto-brakes are now only 75% effort (more like what is normally used in practice, not 100% like before) and ABS (like in reality, will not lock your tires).
- Maneuvering are rockets now available to push your craft in ANY direction... check them out in the VTOL screen in plane-maker beside the puffers... VERY FUN!!! Tack them onto a plane as retro rockets to slow down or even "jump-boosters" to pop you up into the air like a JATO... great fun to experiment with for VTOL research! These rockets were originally designed to maneuver spacecraft in orbit, but the retro-rocket and "vertical boost" applications are very cool to play with!
X-Plane is Laminar's general-aviation flight simulator that also includes tools to design aircraft and scenery. The game is very modular, allowing players to take to the sky in both conventional and exotic airplanes.
IMG Review: X-Plane
MGF: X-Plane 6.16 Demo & Update
Recent Mac Games News
Friday, May 17, 2002
Thursday, May 16, 2002
Wednesday, May 15, 2002
Tuesday, May 14, 2002
Monday, May 13, 2002
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.