Baldur's Gate II Beta Patch Due Soon
6:00 AM | Eddie Park | Comment on this story
Contraband Entertainment's Chris Jacobson recently posted a message in the forums at MacBaldur outlining further details on the upcoming beta patch for Baldur's Gate II. He notes that the patch is nearly ready, and outlines various issues, either fixed or not, and gives reasons for the ones that haven't been fixed.
The issues that have been fixed include:
- Spellbook Full assertions.
- Rest Encounters fixed.
- Moving items in inventory/containers assertion MAYBE fixed (not sped up; deeper, potentially unsolvable issues with that).
Among the issues that have yet to be fixed are as follows:
- OS X 3D speed - sorry, this looks like it's a problem in OS X Open GL.
- OS X 32 bit speed - at the moment, run it in 16 bit. Hopefully Apple will fix this issue in OS X Carbon.
- OS X Multiplay - only happens for some users, myself not being one of them.
- Inventory screen slowdowns - haven't been able to work this one out yet.
Jacobson also notes that people who want to receive the patch need to reapply by sending the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- REAL Name
- Forum Name
- Email address
- Your Mac model + RAM
- Versions of Mac OS 8/9, OS X you are running
- Version of DrawSprocket - NECESSARY on 8/9
- Problems you are experiencing in BG2
- Your written agreement that neither I, Contraband Entertainment, or MacPlay will be held responsible for any damage caused by your use the BG2 patch.
Those interested in more information can follow the forum thread at MacBaldur.net.
MacPlay: Baldur's Gate II
IMG Review: Baldur's Gate II
MacBaldur Forum: BG2 Patch Beta - Almost Ready, Reapply
Baldur's Gate II
Buy Baldur's Gate II
Recent Mac Games News
Tuesday, December 4, 2001
Monday, December 3, 2001
Friday, November 30, 2001
Thursday, November 29, 2001
Wednesday, November 28, 2001
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.