PoG Patch, "Trinity" Plugin Released
9:41 AM | Andy Largent | Comment on this story
Ambrosia Software and Beenox have made good on their promise to update the RPG Pillars of Garendall and have released the game's first plugin, Trinity. This add-on is completely free for registered users of the game and provides three new character classes, new locations to explore, a number of original items, and much more.
The new "speciality" classes will allow you to play as a swordsman, ranger, or conjurer. While the swordsman is a master of close-combat weaponry, the ranger prefers alchemy and ranged weapons. The conjurer uses powerful magical spells and items to balance his limitation of fighting with small arms only. Check out the Trinity page for more information on the plugin.
Trinity highlights the power of the Coldstone RPG Engine upon which the game is based. Beenox is putting the last few touches on Coldstone now and plans to release the RPG-maker very soon. It will allow would-be game developers to easily create games and compile them for Mac OS 9, OS X, and even Windows.
The 1.0.1 patch is a prerequisite for those wanting to play Trinity. The patch also makes a number of fixes and updates, so those playing either the demo or full version will want to download it.
Here's a partial list of some of the changes from the ReadMe:
- should finally work great without CarbonLibFor the full list of changes, read through the ReadMe file included with the 1.0.1 patch. Head over to Macgamefiles now to get both the patch and the plugin. And for more information, read through IMG's recent review of the Pillars of Garendall.
IMG Review: Pillars of Garendall
- no time bomb
- better memory handling
- inventory window now display only one item of a given type with a number over the item's icon for the quantity
- some bugs related to the plugin system fixed
- Several memory leaks fixed
- Cache system greatly improved for faster loading time and less memory usage
- Includes several fixes of Coldstone features not used in the game itself but that could be in plugins
IMG News: Coldstone Nears Completion
Ambrosia: Pillars of Garendall
Ambrosia: Pillars of Garendall: Trinity
MGF: Trinity 1.0 (15.4 MB)
MGF: Pillars of Garendall 1.0.1 Updater (1.8 MB)
Pillars of Garendall
Recent Mac Games News
Thursday, November 29, 2001
Wednesday, November 28, 2001
Tuesday, November 27, 2001
Monday, November 26, 2001
Friday, November 23, 2001
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.