Age of Empires II, Rogue Spear Updated
9:13 AM | Tuncer Deniz | Comment on this story
A couple of notable updates were released late yesterday. On the strategy front, Bold released a patch to update Age of Empires II to version 1.0.1. The update fixes some of the bugs users have been experiencing, including the disappearing in-game cursor problem as well as several bugs in the pathfinding logic. Here's a list of bug fixes:
- Fixed the bug with the unit text in the scenario editor being white on a white background.
- Fixed the colored fog effects, e.g. red flashing buildings.
- Fixed several bugs in the pathfinding logic. Units should now move in a more expected direction.
- Fixed a crash when loading saved games that contained a wonder.
- Increased width of instruction panel text and reduced the font size to accommodate German.
- Fixed a bug for users with a disk named Data. It conflicted with the game's Data folder.
- Added a check for CarbonLib 1.4. If the CarbonLib installer is present on your CD, it will be installed. Otherwise, you will be required to acquire and install CarbonLib from Apple.
- Multiplayer and Out of Sync save file names were too long for the Mac file system.
- Fixed problem where you could enter save file names longer than acceptable on the Mac.
- Increased preferred memory partition size to 120MB.
- The in-game cursor was disappearing after certain dialogs were displayed (the hot keys dialog, for example).
MacSoft have also been busy, updating Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear to version 1.0.2. This new update fixes a few map problems and adds a "Use Packed Pixels" option to RS Utility.
MacSoft: Rogue Spear
To download either update, head over to our sister site, Macgamefiles.com.
IMG Preview: Age of Empires II
IMG Review: Rogue Spear
Bold: Age of Empires II
MGF: Download Age of Empires II 1.0.1 Update (1.7 MB)
MGF: Download Rogue Spear 1.0.2 Update (618 KB)
Age of Empires II
Recent Mac Games News
Monday, November 26, 2001
Friday, November 23, 2001
Wednesday, November 21, 2001
Tuesday, November 20, 2001
Monday, November 19, 2001
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.