Avernum 6: New Web Page, Screenshots
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 10 comments
Spiderweb Software has unveiled a new webpage for Avernum 6, the upcoming sixth and final installment in the long running fantasy RPG series. Spiderweb promises that the game will wrap up loose plot threads from previous games and reveal the final fate of the underground realm and its popular characters.
Avernum is a world underground. It is a nation of people living in an enormous warren of tunnels and caverns, far below the surface of the world. Once a prison colony for rebels and thugs, it is now a wild frontier, full of adventurous souls looking for wealth, fame, and magical power. Avernum's sole link to the surface world: a single magical portal, small and difficult to maintain.Requirements:
And then the Blight came. Almost overnight, the mushrooms Avernum needed to feed itself withered and died. Then the denizens of the low tunnels, the savage, reptilian Slithzerikai, emerged. Sensing weakness, they struck, destroying much of a weakened Avernum and creating waves of hungry, desperate refugees. Now chaos and hunger stalk this land, and none seem to be able to find a solution or a way to stop the Slith Horde.
In the midst of all of this chaos, you joined the army. You had a good, simple reason: Soldiers get food. And yet, through a run of good (or bad) fortune, you find that you have a chance to discover and confront Avernum's enemies. The nation of Avernum is rapidly approaching its final destiny, and you will be at the center of events. Can you save your homeland? And, if Avernum survives, what will become of it?
As you wander the gigantic world of Avernum, you will experience:
• An enormous world. Hundreds of quests, dozens of dungeons and enemy fortresses, and multitudes of characters.
• A fascinating storyline, full of surprises, treachery, and epic battles.
• Many unique encounters. Not just mindless hack and slash. Many unusual enemies that will require clever tactics to defeat.
• Rich game system with over 50 spells and battle disciplines, many character building options, and powerful secret skills to unlock.
• Unique game world. Unique races and settings make Avernum different from any RPG out there.
• Experience with previous Avernum games is completely unnecessary to enjoy Avernum 6.
• Macintosh running System 10.3.9 or later.Avernum 6 is scheduled to be release this winter. Visit the page below to read more about the game and view a collection of screenshots.
• 800 MhZ processor. Minimum 1.6 GhZ processor recommended.
• Video card or processor with OpenGL support and 32 MB video RAM (64 MB recommended).
• 512 MB RAM.
• 200 MB hard disk space.
• 1024x600 screen resolution with 32 bit color.
• Avernum 6 will run natively on Intel Macintoshes.
Recent Mac Games News
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
Monday, July 6, 2009
Friday, July 3, 2009
Thursday, July 2, 2009
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.