Massive Assault & Project Nomads for Mac
6:00 AM | Andy Largent | Comment on this story
European publisher Virtual Programming recently updated their website with two new game announcements for Mac OS X: Massive Assault and Project Nomads.
Massive Assault is a strategy title from Wargaming.net which puts players in control of a fully 3D army using their proprietary engine. The game, which was released just recently for the PC, features political intrigue in a sci-fi setting. Here's a description from the site:
Take the command of "Free Nations Union" forces and defeat the secret alliance of "Phantom League" on one of 6 distant planets. The rebels decided to seize the power on Earth by first conquering the space colonies, which provide vital energy resources to F.N.U. The war for global domination will unroll on continents, at sea and in the air.Have a look through the official Massive Assault site for more information on this title.
Virtual Programming also notes two of their other titles, Project Nomads and Celtic Kings, are both "near completion." While Celtic Kings was announced earlier in the year, this is the first we've heard of Project Nomads, the third-person action/adventure game from German developer CDV Software.
Project Nomads is a fantasy game set on a world of floating islands. Here's a quick rundown of the title's features:
Have a look through the official site or Virtual Programming's mini-site for more on Project Nomads. No system requirements or exact release dates are available, but stay tuned to IMG for the latest.
- Breathtaking 3D worlds with spectacular graphics
- 3 different heroes to choose from: smart John, strong Goliath and beautiful Susie
- Individual tactics depending on the choice of character
- 8 main quests with numerous sub quests
- More than 40 different opponents
- Unlimited freedom of movement between the floating islands
- Control your own flying island
- The opportunity to turn your island into a flying fortress or munitions factory
- Complete control of units such as double-deckers and turrets
- Aircraft with selectable AI-controlled autopilot during battles
- Dynamic weather system with day and night cycles
Buy Massive Assault
Buy Project Nomads
Recent Mac Games News
Tuesday, November 25, 2003
Monday, November 24, 2003
Friday, November 21, 2003
Thursday, November 20, 2003
Wednesday, November 19, 2003
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.