Island Thunder Mac Patch Released
6:00 AM | Mike Apps | Comment on this story
Ambitious fans of the hit Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, who have missed out on the second expansion to the game, Island Thunder, no longer have to worry. The folks of the *Damn clan (a group of Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon players), has put out a patch that allows Mac users to use the PC version of Island Thunder. Doing so is not completely straighforward though, as you'll need access to a PC or Virtual PC in order to get it working.
Here are the instructions for getting Island Thunder on your Mac up and running:
Start Virtual PC (VPC) on your Mac or your PC.For those that don't have access to a PC or Virtual PC, the *Damn team also will also offers to exchange a copies of the PC version of Island Thunder, for a CD with the converted Mac version on it. More details on this, along with downloads of the necessary files can be found at their website, linked below.
Damn team website
* Install WinPack300b on your VPC or PC
* Now insert your PC Island Thunder disc. If you try to run the installer it will say that an installed version of Ghost Recon is required. To work around this problem start one of the WinPack300b apps and expand the .cab Island Thunder files manually. If you expand the files you will have a folder called Mp2 and some others you can ignore!
* VPC: take the Mp2 folder and move it to your Mac desktop. If you have done the steps before on a PC, burn the Mp2 folder on a CD or transfer the files via LAN to your Mac.
* After the Mp2 folder is on your Mac move it to your Ghost Recon - Desert Siege/Ghost Recon Data/Mods folder
* Now run the Island Thunder Mac patch created by Scot, Dan, Vin and myself . (If you have problems using the patch read the included ReadMe)
* After patching the Mp2 folder you have a full working version of Island Thunder for Mac. Now start Ghost Recon and activate Island Thunder in your options/mods menu.
* Have fun!
Recent Mac Games News
Thursday, March 13, 2003
Wednesday, March 12, 2003
Tuesday, March 11, 2003
Monday, March 10, 2003
Friday, March 7, 2003
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.