RC Helicopter Simulator Beta Released
7:37 AM | Eddie Park | Comment on this story
A small shareware developer under the name AlphaOmega Software has recently announced the availability of a beta of their title RC Helicopter Simulator. Touted as the first RC helicopter simulator of its kind for the Mac, this game, as its title suggests, simulates the behavior and control of radio-controlled helicopters.
Some of the current features are as follows:
- The keyboard takes the place of the radio-transmitter (refer to the PPF files in the Transmitters folder and the Keyboard codes.jpg file in the Documentation folder).Future documentation for this title will provide instruction on how to construct grounds, skies, helicopters, and transmitters. AlphaOmega also plans on hosting a library of player-created 3D models for all to enjoy.
- The simulator will be bit by bit more configurable (controls, behaviour, characteristics, helicopters, landscapes, ...).
- You can modify or provide your own 3D models for the ground, the sky and the helicopter.
- You can modify or provide your own physical parameter files for the ground, the helicopter and the transmitter.
- You can modify or provide your own engine sound file for the helicopter.
- A free and growing library of new 3D models and landscapes will then be available on our web site.
- It takes very little memory and disk space.
- It doesn't need any installation nor configuration, which makes it very easy to use.
More information, as well as the beta version of this title, can be found at AlphaOmega's site.
AlphaOmega Software - RC Helicopter Simulator
Recent Mac Games News
Monday, November 18, 2002
Friday, November 15, 2002
Thursday, November 14, 2002
Wednesday, November 13, 2002
Tuesday, November 12, 2002
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.