Trade Wars: Dark Millennium Update
9:19 AM | Michael Eilers | Comment on this story
The web site for Trade Wars: Dark Millennium has been updated with new screen shots and details on gameplay. Yet another massively-multiplayer online role-playing game coming to the Mac OS, this real-time strategy and combat title is based on the classic BBS game of economic and strategic warfare, Trade Wars. The Mac OS version is promised soon after the game's release for the PC late this summer.
For a refresher, here's an excerpt from the press release:
Trade Wars: Dark Millennium is a persistent Massive Multiplayer Online Game (MMPOG), allowing players to pilot ships through the vastness of space and explore mysterious uncharted planets.The first PC beta of the game is due as soon as next month; we'll keep you posted on development progress for the Mac version. Visit the Trade Wars web site for more information.
Trade Wars: Dark Millennium
Dark Millennium is an online game, which combines the fun of online roleplaying and player vs. player competitive combat. Through Dark Millenniumís extensive quest system, players will be able to participate in single player and multiplayer quests, both cooperatively and competitively. Quests cover a wide range of complexity, from simple errand quests to epic adventuring quests (some approaching the scope of a traditional single-player RPG), from simple squad-based combat missions to full-blown RTS assault missions capable of altering the course of the on-line universe.
Trade Wars will offer several groundbreaking innovations such as:
- Fast paced action roleplaying combat against multiple opponents. (Similar to Blizzard's Diablo II)
- A unique and robust quest system, providing players with both traditional roleplaying (RPG) and competitive real-time strategy (RTS) missions.
- An extensive customization of the playerís avatar and spaceship. (Additional customizable / upgradeable vehicles to be announced later)
- A dynamic universe, constantly evolving and changing through in-game events.
- Adventure, trade, and compete with thousands of other players.
Recent Mac Games News
Friday, January 4, 2002
Thursday, January 3, 2002
Wednesday, January 2, 2002
Monday, December 31, 2001
Friday, December 28, 2001
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.