Rune Updated to 1.07
1:20 PM | Michael Eilers | Comment on this story
As IMG predicted when we noted that Rune: Halls of Valhalla has secured a publisher last week, the update for the Mac version of Rune has now been released which brings it to parity with the PC version. Among the "bonus" items in this large (33 MB) update include support for EAX audio (for those with SB Live! cards) as well as OpenGL support, fixes for dual-monitor setups and a large number of gameplay tweaks already implemented on the PC side. All players of Rune should grab this updated version ASAP, as it fixes many of the game's quirks which perturbed early online players.
Here is a partial list of changes in this version:
This program will update your version of Rune to 1.07.It is also worth noting that the release of this version should now allow Mac users to play the Rune Co-Op mod which allows players to journey through the solo game with others, battling the enemy AI-controlled opponents. Jump to MacGameFiles to grab the download. As always, our heartfelt thanks to Westlake Interactive for their commitment to bringing Mac users the latest and greatest games, and patching them after release (often without compensation). If we're interpreting the signs correctly, the release of this update indicates that a boxed Mac version of Halls of Valhalla should be right around the corner.
News: Mac Rune: Halls of Valhalla Finds Publisher
This patch brings Rune Mac up to the current PC version, and includes all bug fixes from previous patches.
You must have Rune fully installed on your system before running this update.
To update to 1.07, simply run the "Rune 1.07 Update" application and follow the onscreen instructions.
Mac Specific Bug Fixes:
- Fixed bug with nVidia cards on dual monitor system
- Added EAX support for Sound Blaster Live! cards
- Cleaned up OpenGL support
- Added more native Game Ranger support
- Occasional server crash bug fixed
- TrialPit slowdown bug
- Loki2 script bug in zombie transform pit
- Don't hurt teammates when you land on them
- DarkDwarf didn't attack players using spirit powerup
- Taunt only once bug
- Swapping magic shield bug
- Avalanche shouldn't kill teammates
- Shield meter doesn't update on clients
- Weapon swinging sounds not playing correctly
- Disallow breaking shields of people in neutralzones, by a non-neutral-zone player
- Don't hurt teammates shields in team DM
- Ice/Stone powerups in neutralzones
- Avalanche doesn't do any damage bug
- Empathy versus Empathy infinite loop bug
- Infinite spirit powerup cheat fixed
- Fixed some problems with severing limbs on certain models
News: Rune Co-Op and 1.07 Patch
Rune 1.07 Update (33.8 MB)
Gathering of Developers
Human Head Studios
Recent Mac Games News
Thursday, July 5, 2001
Wednesday, July 4, 2001
Tuesday, July 3, 2001
Monday, July 2, 2001
Friday, June 29, 2001
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.