EVE Online Crucible Announced
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
CCP Games has announced a November 29th release date for Crucible, the upcoming fifteenth free expansion for the company's sci-fi MMO, EVE Online. The expansion will include changes to graphics, interface and game mechanics with over three dozen updated and improved features based on feedback and challenges put forth by its player community.
Within EVE’s eternal crucible of warfare, politics and industry, even the most passionate and skilled are tested. EVE Online: CRUCIBLE pumps the bellows, turning up the heat on the space combat experience in EVE Online. In the factional shipyards, new ships have been forged to expand the reach of war and evolve the tactics of space engagement while existing vessels have been reimagined, bringing greater balance and diversity to large and small scale conflicts.Learn more about the Crucible expansion at the link below.
EVE Online: Crucible
This winter, CRUCIBLE evolves the graphics, interface and game mechanics with over three dozen updated and improved features based on feedback and challenges put forth by its players.
This is EVE re-forged.
The global melting-pot/universe of player personalities sees a melting pot of improvements to match as CCP laser focuses on getting back to basics with its infamous internet spaceships.
Some of the major improvements players are lauding:
- Four fan-designed battlecruisers built to deliver swift and effective destruction to the opposition
- Over a dozen stunningly remade nebulae, changing the look and feel of EVE's universe completely
- Other fan-favorite graphical improvements such as engine trails, warp tunnels and shadows
- Time dilation in fleet flights -- adjusting time itself to keep fairness alive when hundreds of players face off against each other
- 3 new factional captain's quarters with unique, artistic looks
- A significant ship rebalancing effort, to bring greater diversity and balance to large and small scale conflicts
- A lot of small changes -- from fonts to UI to Doomsday devices to PvE tweaks
Recent Mac Games News
Wednesday, November 16, 2011
Tuesday, November 15, 2011
Monday, November 14, 2011
Friday, November 11, 2011
Thursday, November 10, 2011
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.