|Wednesday, April 25, 2012
The Darkness II Released
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
TransGaming and 2K Games recently announced the release of The Darkness II for Mac. The first person shooter draws on the horror genre to add chills to the tried and true action formula. The game is inspired by the comic book series from Top Cow Productions, putting players in the role of Jackie Estacado, a man who must come to grips with his destructive powers to stay alive.
The Darkness II continues the story of Jackie Estacado, head of a New York crime family and wielder of an ancient and brutal force of chaos and destruction known as the Darkness. Introducing unique Quad-Wielding™ combat and four-person cooperative gameplay distinct from the first-person campaign, The Darkness II breaks the mold of traditional first-person shooter titles.Learn more about the game at the links below.
- 4-Player Co-op Campaign - Play as one of four unique characters each capable of wielding weapons infused with Darkness powers.
- Quad-Wielding Chaos - Slash, grab, and throw objects and enemies with the Demon Arms while simultaneously firing two weapons, adding a new dimension to the FPS category.
- Harness an Unstoppable Power - Master the Demon Arms and summon the powers of The Darkness for even more explosive gameplay.
Kill the Lights - The vicious powers of The Darkness manifest only in the shadows so use the environment to your advantage and watch out for enemies who will use light as a weapon.
- Intense and Personal Journey - Experience a dark, twisted and gripping story written exclusively for the game by acclaimed comic book author Paul Jenkins whose credits also include The Incredible Hulk, Wolverine, and the original The Darkness game.
- Distinctive Graphic-Noir Style - Graphic novel shading and color combined with the dramatic lighting of film noir pays tribute to the source material and brings the pages of the comic series to life. Inspired by the popular comic book series created by Top Cow.
- Mac OS X 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) / Mac OS X 10.7.2 (Lion) or higher
- Intel Core 2 Duo or better
- 2 GB or higher RAM
- At least 10 GB of free hard drive space is required
- AMD HD2600 / Nvidia 9600GT graphics card with at least 256 MB VRAM or higher
- Keyboard and mouse
The Darkness II
Buy The Darkness II
RAGE: Campaign Edition Updated
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 1 comment
Aspyr Media has announced the release of a new patch for the Mac version of Rage: Campaign Edition. Version 1.01 of the post apocalyptic shooter introduces a variety of bug fixes and enhancements to the game.
RAGE: Campaign Edition 1.01 Patch Notes:
- Fixed crash that would sometimes occur when loading save games.
- Fixed Quick Save feature.
- General performance enhancements.
- Fixed crash from using SIMD optimized memcpy with a PBO pointer that is not 16-byte aligned.
- Fixed progression in Dead City where player could not advance through sliding door en route to the defibrillator upgrade.
- Fixed CPU feature detection.
- Fixed lack of texture detail on parts of the screen at high resolutions due to limited feedback analysis buffer.
- Re-enabled UBOs.
- Adjustment to default VDM values for balance.
- Fixed shadows on ATI video cards.
Read more at the link below.
Rage: Campaign Edition Update
Rage: Campaign Edition
Buy Rage: Campaign Edition
Serious Sam 3: BFE Available Now
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 5 comments
Devolver Digital has announced the release of Serious Sam 3: BFE. A prequel to the original Serious Sam: The First Encounter, the first person shooter challenges players to survive against legions of beasts and mercenaries invading earth.
Serious Sam 3: BFE is a glorious throwback to the golden age of first-person shooters where men were men, cover was for amateurs and pulling the trigger made things go boom. Serving as a prequel to the original indie sensation, Serious Sam: The First Encounter, Serious Sam 3 takes place during the Earth’s final struggle against Mental’s invading legions of beasts and mercenaries. Set against the collapsing temples of an ancient civilization and the crumbling cities of 22nd century Egypt, Serious Sam 3 is an exhilarating fusion of classic twitch shooters and modern gameplay features.Check out the site below to learn more.
Serious Sam 3: BFE
NO COVER. ALL MAN.
- Frantic Arcade-Style Action – Hold down the trigger and lay waste to a never-ending onslaught of attackers or face being overrun by Mental’s savage beasts. No cover systems, no camping – it’s just you against them. All of them.
- Fearsome Enemy Creatures – A new battalion of unforgettable minions including the rumbling Scrapjack and towering Khnum join the legendary Headless Kamikaze, Gnaar and Sirian Werebull to create the fiercest opposition you’ve ever had the pleasure of mowing down.
- Spectacular Environments – Battle across the expansive battlefields of near-future Egypt bursting at the seams with total chaos. The shattered cities of tomorrow lined with the crumbling temples of an ancient world become your destructible playground.
- Destructive Arsenal – Unleash Serious Sam’s arsenal of weapons including a scoped assault rifle, the double-barreled shotgun, the explosive automatic shotgun, the punishing minigun, and the almighty barrage of flaming cannonballs! Carry all of Sam’s weapons at once and switch between each gun on the fly for maximum firepower.
- Brutal Melee Attacks – When the going get’s tough, the tough take matters into their own hands! Rip out the eye of a closing Gnaar, twist off the face of the hideous Scrapjack or snap the neck of an Arachnoid Hatchling for an instant kill.
- Co-Op Chaos – Go to war against Mental’s horde with up to 16 players online and annihilate everything that moves across 12 levels of mayhem. Try to survive wave after wave of enemies in the relentless Survival mode or go on a monstrous safari in Beast Hunt mode!
- Pure Multiplayer Mayhem – Drop the gauntlet and let the heavy ordinance fly in incredible versus modes like Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, Last Team Standing and My Burden. This is the next level of Serious Sam multiplayer and all hell is about to break loose!
- Split Screen Modes – Huddle up with split screen co-op and multiplayer versus modes with up to four players on one screen. Hey, stop looking at my screen!
Buy Serious Sam 3: BFE
A Valley Without Wind Comes To Macgamestore
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Arcen Games' A Valley Without Wind is now available for purchase from Macgamestore.com. The procedurally-generated 2D side-scrolling adventure challenges players to survive in a world shattered by cataclysm.
A 2D sidescroller without a linear path. An action game with tactical combat and strategic planning. An adventure game that lets you free-roam a vast, procedurally-generated world. A Valley Without Wind defies genre stereotypes. Unlike other procedurally-generated games, you also get a logical progression in difficulty, plus helpful tips and checklists to guide your travels (should you need them).A Valley Without Wind is currently available for the discount price of $13.46 (USD).
Choose for yourself how to prepare to face the vastly stronger Overlord. Complete a variety of missions to earn arcane rewards, or roam the wilds to uncover secret missions and stashes of magical loot. Customize your characters with unique combinations of enchants and spells that change how you move, jump, and fight. Or rescue people and bring them back to your settlement, recruiting them to help you in return.
You choose how to play, and the world adapts around you.
- Travel alone or with friends across an ever-expanding world of dangerous creatures, powerful magic, high technology, and mysteries.
- You have choice. The world of Environ is procedurally generated, and lets you go anywhere you see -- including right into the overlord's keep at any time. (Good luck with that.)
- Environ is endless. When you save one continent from an overlord, a larger and more complex continent appears.
- The game adapts to how you play: as you demonstrate your proficiency, monsters upgrade accordingly. Killed 100 bats? Okay, time for... bats on fire!
- Crazy amounts of character customization. Combine a multitude of spells, enchants, and equipment to create specialized character builds.
- Play as a long line of brave adventurers. It's not a question of IF your character is going to die, but WHEN. Any character that dies is permanently lost, but you keep all your inventory, enchants, and general progress in the game.
- Become a community leader. Rescue NPCs, have them join your settlement, and construct buildings for them -- they may return the favor and help you.
- Be a clever problem-solver. Challenges have more than one solution, each with its own pros and cons. You get to figure things out rather than just jumping through a set of hoops.
- Difficulty levels give exactly the challenge you want, from casual to hardcore on both platforming and combat independently.
- New updates are arriving all the time packed with additional content, improvements, and more.
- Intel CPU
- Mac OS X 10.5 or later
- Broadband Internet Connection or LAN required for multiplayer
A Valley Without Wind
Buy A Valley Without Wind
Recent Mac Games News
Monday, April 23, 2012
Friday, April 20, 2012
Thursday, April 19, 2012
Wednesday, April 18, 2012
Tuesday, April 17, 2012
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.