|Wednesday, April 11, 2012
Out Of The Park Baseball 13 Released
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
OOTP Developments has announced the release of Out of the Park Baseball 13. The latest edition of the popular baseball simulation features 2012 rosters, real-time simulation mode, interactive storylines, league assocations, expanded playoff modes, improved online league play, a redesigned interface, and core engine improvements.
"OOTP 13 is the most in-depth version of the game we've shipped yet," said lead developer and lifelong baseball fan Markus Heinsohn. "Our goal is to make players feel like they're in the shoes of a major league general manager, and we accomplished that this year."OOTP 13 is available now for $39.99. Learn more at the links below.
Last summer, OOTP Developments received its highest accolades ever when Curt Schilling, likely Hall-of-Famer and former pitcher for the Philadelphia Phillies, Arizona Diamondbacks, and Boston Red Sox, stopped by OOTP's online forum to proclaim OOTP "the only baseball sim I've ever gotten addicted to."
OOTP 13 runs on the PC, Mac, and Linux operating systems and offers the following new features:
OOTP lets players run a major league team from top to bottom, setting lineups and pitching rotations, determining defensive and offensive strategies, and making dozens of game-time decisions, such as when to steal a base or employ a hit-and-run. A play-by-play text stream, combined with a visual representation of what's happening on the field and such audio effects as the crack of the bat and the roar of the crowd, make an OOTP game session feel like a radio broadcast.
- 2012 major league teams and rosters, along with rule changes introduced by the new major league labor agreement, including Houston's AL West move in 2013 and a second wild card team in each major league, starting with the 2012 playoffs.
- All minor league rosters are included too, along with international leagues such as Japan's. New this year is the inclusion of historical statistics for those players, which number in the thousands.
- Real-Time Simulation Mode, which gives players a GM's view on what's happening in their league in real-time, including scores of games in progress, notifications of important events, and more. They can even jump into any game and watch it play out, or take the reins of their club and start making decisions.
?Real-Time Simulation Mode is perfect for those final days of the season when playoff berths are on the line.
- Interactive Storylines also offer greater immersion by giving players choices when situations arise. Do they punish a star player who behaves badly or do they ignore his antics? No two decisions are ever alike, and they have wide-ranging effects on injuries, fan interest, team chemistry, player morale, player ratings, player potential, owner attitudes, and much more.
- A revamped pitching model that more accurately reflects pitching in the real world, where close to 90% of pitchers are typically drafted as starters and later become relievers for various reasons.
- Players can now create Associations with multiple leagues that may share certain rules, free agents, draft pools, and/or playoffs. OOTP 13 also features more custom playoff options, including, for example, first round byes.
- In addition, OOTP 13's interface has been overhauled, online league play has been enhanced, the core gameplay engine has been improved, and more.
Between games, players define scouting budgets, make trades, handle the amateur draft, scour the waiver wire, sign free agents, negotiate contract extensions, demote underperforming players to the minors and call up hot prospects, manage team finances, and more. Many tasks can be delegated to computer-controlled personnel, letting players focus on the aspects of baseball management that appeal to them most.
OOTP also features solo or online play, an historical mode featuring all seasons from 1871 through 2011, the ability to create custom leagues stocked with fictional players, a staggering set of league reports, and a realistic statistical engine based on modern baseball theory such as DIPS (Defense Independent Pitching Statistics).
Athletes perform in a consistent, realistic manner over ten, twenty, even fifty or more simulated years, letting players watch as their own Hall of Fame grows before their eyes. OOTP's innovative FaceGen feature also allows fictional players' photos to automatically change with age and when they switch teams.
In addition, this year's iOS version of Out of the Park Baseball, iOOTP Baseball 2012, continues to be well-received at the App Store since its release on April 5, 2012.
Hard Contact Kickstarter Campaign Begins
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 2 comments
JV Games has announced the launch of a Kickstarter funding campaign for Hard Contact, a new game planned for Mac and Windows PCs. The futuristic combat sports game takes the basic gameplay of classic titles like Battle Sport and Ballblazer, and combines it with 3D graphics, online multiplayer, and team play.
“We have always wanted to release games that we would like to play, great games that we remember playing,” said Jag Jaeger, project manager of JV Games. “Kickstarter lets us pitch games that are driven by the players and not the publishers.”Check out the link below to learn more about Hard Contact. The team is seeking at least $100,000 in pledges before the May 3 deadline.
Hard Contact Kickstarter
About Hard Contact:
Hard Contact is a futuristic combat sports game, where the objective is to score the most goals in the round. Your opponents, all the while, are also trying to get the ball by blasting the tar out of you with a range of weapons and power-ups littered around the arena. This is a very fast action and high adrenalin game that is a unique take on the 1996 hit video game for the 3DO, Battle Sport.
We are going to take these basic gaming elements and send it through the roof with full online multi-player and team play in glorious 3D.
New levels of strategy will be introduced with Team play as you pass the ball to your mates or fly interference as you protect the handler from being exploded across the arena.
We believe this style of game has been forgotten over the years.
Battle Sport was hailed as an incredible gem and considered one of the best games for the 3DO. Battle Sport itself was the next evolution of the 1984 Lucasfilm's Ballblazer for the old Atari, Apple ][, & Commodore systems.
About JV Games:
JV Games, Inc. has over a decade of history, producing quality games for a wide variety of systems.
These games have spanned many computer and console systems, and consisted original work with contracted work peppered throughout. Over the years JV Games have worked with many top publishers that include; EA Games, Namco Bandai, and Zoo Publishing. The most notable of these high profile titles were James Bond: Nightfire and Warhammer. For more information visit us at www.jvgames.com.
Nekro Kickstarter Campaign Announced
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 2 comments
DarkForge has announced Nekro, a "twisted, dark and stylized summoning game" now in progress as a Kickstarter project. Planned for Mac, Windows, and Linux PCs, the game will put players in the role of a powerful necromancer empowered to conjure evil minions and conquer empires in a randomly-generated world. Through Kickstarter, DarkForge is hoping to raise $100,000 by May 4 to aid in the production of the game.
Hailing from the era of great classics such as Myth: The Fallen Lords, Giants: Citizen Kabuto, Dungeon Keeper and more, we are creating a game rooted deep in PC gaming's history, but with all the flourishes you've come to expect from a modern experience.Check out the page below for more information about Nekro.
In Nekro, you play as a powerful necromancer summoning hordes of undead minions to do your bidding. Unlike a standard RTS, each creature you summon within the game is not under your direct control. Each unit will exhibit a handful of special behaviors unique to its playstyle. The challenge of the game comes from picking the right combination of summons for your situation. The world you explore is generated randomly, and offers a fresh experience with each play session. Nekro takes a different approach to the way modern crafting systems are handled by allowing players to “brew” spells they use in cauldrons. These special brews augment the game rules and allow players a very direct control over their experience. In Nekro, the world is always growing, expanding and changing, offering players a different challenge every time they play the game.
Nekro will feature:
- Stylized, randomly generated worlds
- Deep, situational summoning-based combat system
- Rich ‘brewing’ system for making new items and spells
- An ever-expanding world to conquer
DarkForge is a California-based group of industry veterans hailing from studios such as Sony, Microsoft, Blizzard and more. We have many years of experience making quality games and are looking forward to sharing our vision for Nekro with the world!
Construction Simulator 2012 Now At Macgamestore
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
N3V Games' Construction Simulator 2012 is now available for purchase from Macgamestore.com. The simulation gives players the chance to get behind the controls of a variety of construction equipment as they complete missions by constructing buildings.
Roll up your sleeves and join us on the construction site! Construction Simulator 2012 is available now for $19.95 (USD).
Construction Simulator 2012
Step in the shoes of a real construction worker with all it needs to set up small, mid-sized and big buildings. In the "Construction Simulator 2012” you have the possibility to take all the steps it needs for the construction of those buildings yourself. Heave the base of a small garage with a mini-digger or cast the concrete of your neighborhood’s new elementary school. Get behind the wheel of an angledozer and compress the base for a new parking lot. Or just transport pallets of roof tiles to the site…
If you ever dreamt of driving a telescopic crane or a flat bed truck – then this simulation is also something for you. Next to working on all important steps of a construction, you will have the chance to check out a huge fleet of realistic vehicles. No matter if you want to drive a wheel-loader, digger or regular truck – all machines will excite you with their performance. Enjoy a realistic 3D-graphic – both in your environment and the cockpit of the cars. All machines and people are well animated and elaborately portrayed.
Different missions lead you to diverse corners of your town: Work in a dwelling zone, an industrial area or at the harbor. The possibilities are huge!
Explore the big virtual world and get to know how it feels like to be the master of your own construction!
- Huge fleet with realistic vehicles
- Many different construction sites with exciting missions guarantee longlasting game fun
- You can try out all vehicles in the gravel-pit
- Likeable avatars and different cut-scenes lead to high identification with your task
Construction Simulator 2012 Trailer
Buy Construction Simulator 2012
Louvre - The Messenger Comes To MGS
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Macgamestore.com has expanded its list of game offerings available for purchase with the addition of Anuman Interactive's Louvre - The Messenger. The point and click adventure game puts players in the role of a secret service agent trying to thwart a conspiracy.
A historical voyage at the heart of the LouvreLouvre - The Messenger is available now for $11.99 (USD).
Louvre - The Messenger
You play the part of Morgane, a secret service agent, who is sent to the Louvre Palace to thwart a terrible conspiracy. To do this, you will have to go back in time to the origins of the plot, revisiting three of the Palace’s distinct historical periods (the Middle Ages, the Renaissance and the Age of Enlightenment). Many enigmas and dangers are awaiting you and you may never see the 21st Century again.
A Point & Click adventure using 360° vision technology in every scene.
- Action and reflection are your weapons in this irrationnal adventure: Be able to understand the clues and interrogate wisely the characters.
- Use weapons and accessories you discovered as a good strategist but be stealthy: your life counts on it !
- Massive medieval castle, bloody galleries of the Louvre of Henri IV, dilapidated palace of Century of the Lights: the historical reconstitution is faithfully reproduced.
- Plunged in a 3D universe striking of realism and populated with historical characters, you'll discover a castle very accurately reconstituted thanks to the contest of the museum of Louvre.
- Intel Mac
- Mac OS X 10.4 or later
Buy Louvre - The Messenger
Recent Mac Games News
Friday, April 6, 2012
Thursday, April 5, 2012
Wednesday, April 4, 2012
Tuesday, April 3, 2012
Monday, April 2, 2012
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.