|Friday, September 16, 2011|
Batman: Arkham Asylum Coming To Macs October 13
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 5 comments
Feral Interactive has today announced the action adventure Batman: Arkham Asylum will be released for the Mac on Thursday, October 13th, 2011. The game puts players in the role of the caped crusader who is trapped in Arkham Asylum with The Joker and Gotham City's most notorious villains.
“Batman: Arkham Asylum is a game where all the individual elements, story, gameplay, design, music and voice acting all combine superbly to create an extraordinary experience,” said David Stephen, Managing Director of Feral Interactive.Batman: Arkham Asylum for the Mac will retail in North America for US $39.99, £29.99 (inc. VAT) in the UK and €34.99. (inc. VAT) throughout Europe. It will also be available online for direct download from a variety of digital partner sites worldwide.
Developed by Rocksteady Studios and published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment with DC Entertainment for game consoles and Windows PC, Batman: Arkham Asylum features an original story by Paul Dini, Batman writer and five-time Emmy Award-winner. Batman: Arkham Asylum pushes the envelope for action, adventure and superhero games, delivering a dark, atmospheric and entertaining adventure.
In Batman: Arkham Asylum, Batman finds himself trapped inside the confines of Gotham’s psychiatric hospital for the criminally insane, Arkham Asylum. The Joker has set a trap for The Dark Knight and has conspired with the deranged inmates to destroy Gotham. Gamers will move in the shadows, instigate fear amongst their enemies and confront The Joker and Gotham City’s most notorious villains including Harley Quinn, Bane, Killer Croc, Poison Ivy and Scarecrow, who have taken over the asylum.
This unique, dark and atmospheric adventure game puts players right in the action as they take the role of The Dark Knight and use a wide variety of moves and gadgets to foil The Joker’s demented scheme.
Adding to the authenticity of the game are veteran animated Batman voice talents Mark Hamill and Kevin Conroy, who reprise their roles as The Joker and Batman respectively
- OS: Mac OS X 10.6.8
- Processor: 1.8Ghz Intel
- RAM: 2.0GB
- Hard Disk: 10.0GB
- Graphics: 128MB
- Drive: DVD
- Input: Keyboard
The following graphics cards are not supported:
- Processor: 2.8Ghz Intel
- RAM: 4.0GB
- Graphics: 512MB
- Input: Game Pad
ATI X1xxx series, NVIDIA 9400, NVIDIA 7xxx series and Intel GMA series.
The following cards require you to have 4GB of System RAM:
NVIDIA 320M, Intel HD 3000
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Buy Batman: Arkham Asylum
Runespell: Overture Now At Macgamestore
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Macgamestore.com has added Mystic Box's Runespell: Overture to its growing selection of digital download titles available for purchase. The role-playing game combines elements of poker games with power-ups and collectable cards. Players take the role of the Changeling and must seek out their nemesis in an alternate medieval Europe where historical figures link with Norse mythology.
Runespell: Overture is a role-playing game combining poker mechanics with power ups and collectable cards. The world is set in an alternate medieval Europe linking historical characters with Norse mythology and sagas. The player takes on the role of the Changeling, the son of a monster god, in search of his nemesis.Runespell: Overture is available now for $9.95 (USD).
- Innovative mythic poker system using poker mechanics to battle your opponents
- Unlock power ups and special attacks available as collectable cards in the game
- Combine your skills in short bursts of active play or long sessions of questing and battles
- Defeat more than 30 monsters types each with a unique card set and attack style
- Defeat enemies and make them your pets or allies
- Unlock new battle locations through questing
- Mix of beautiful hand painted backdrops and evocative 3D characters
- A compelling and original story set in an alternate medieval Europe
- Local and online leaderboard
Buy Runespell: Overture
Rescue Team Available From MGS
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Alawar Entertainment's Rescue Team is now available for download and purchase from the Macgamestore.com webstore. The action title puts players in control of rescue workers struggling to rebuild three islands damaged by devastating weather.
Control the rescue workers who rebuild three islands in the wake of devastating weather! Remove debris to free trapped workers. Repair damaged restaurants, houses and sawmills to produce resources. And patch up bridges, helicopter pads and boat docks to restore the infrastructure. Then race against the clock to collect gems, put out fires and save stranded swimmers! Rescue Team is fun, addictive, and unlike any other game you've played!Rescue Team is now available for $6.99 (USD).
- 60 levels
- Six bonuses
- Three islands
- Interactive tutorial
- Home repair mini-game
Buy Rescue Team
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 Comes To MGS
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Macgamestore.com has announced the addition of Electronic Arts and TransGaming's Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 to its webstore. The popular real time strategy title follows the action as the Allies face off against the Soviet war machine and the Empire of the Rising Sun in a fictional futuristic setting. Red Alert 3 features missions designed for cooperative play, a focus on naval warfare, and over 60 minutes of live action cutscene footage.
After years of conflict, the Allies are finally on the brink of victory. Cowering behind the walls of the Kremlin, the Soviets decide to turn to one last act of desperation - the use of an experimental time travel device. The mission: to go back in time to eliminate Albert Einstein before he creates the technologies that will lead the Allies to ultimate victory. After a successful mission, the Soviets return to the present, discovering the Allied position has weakened. But before they can truly celebrate, they find out their actions have spawned a new threat and global superpower, the mysterious, technologically advanced, Empire of the Rising Sun. Welcome to World War III.Command & Conquer: Red Allert 3 is available now for $29.95 (USD).
In Red Alert 3, all three factions will have their own hand-crafted story-driven campaigns, with co-operative missions designed solely around coordinating attacks and developing strategies with an ally. Hook up with a friend online to go through the entire experience or choose from a group of AI commanders, each with their own distinct playstyle and personality.
While most RTS games keep naval gameplay at the periphery, Red Alert 3 is not shying away from the high seas. The oceans now hold essential resources, and with many units and structures capable of becoming amphibious, players who turn their backs to the oceans will find conquering the world a daunting task.
- Red Alert 3 brings back everything fans love about the series, the humor, the popcorn style story and the franchise's fast, action-oriented gameplay, while breaking new ground for the genre, with an entirely co-operative, story-driven campaign campaign mode and an increased emphasis on naval gameplay.
- Co-Op Done Right - Every mission is designed from the ground-up with co-operative gameplay in mind. Join forces and strategize with friends online or join forces with nine AI commanders, three for each faction, all of whom have their own unique personality and style of play that might come in handy depending on the situation.
- Command the Seas, Conquer the World - Experience Gameplay as for the first time in the series, waging war on the water will be every bit as important as dominating by land and air. Gain strategic advantages by controlling resources in the seas and mounting three-pronged attacks from all directions.
- A New Threat from the East - The Empire of the Rising Sun is a technological terror, with unit designs influenced by a mixture of science-fiction, martial arts and robot culture. The Empire?s futuristic units can transform into alternate forms, and they specialize in naval warfare. Star-Studded Storytelling - Command & Conquer's trademark live-action videos return in HD, with over 60 minutes of footage featuring the largest cast in the history of the Command & Conquer franchise.
Command & Conquer Red Alert 3
Buy Command & Conquer Red Alert 3
Recent Mac Games News
Tuesday, September 13, 2011
Monday, September 12, 2011
Friday, September 9, 2011
Thursday, September 8, 2011
Wednesday, September 7, 2011
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.