Apple Features Close Combat: First To Fight
9:00 AM | Tuncer Deniz | Comment on this story
Apple has posted a new feature on MacSoft's upcoming first-person shooter, Close Combat: First To Fight. The in-depth feature discusses the game in detail and includes a look at the multiplayer modes, history of the Marines, and tip & tricks. MacSoft's First To Fight was recently declared gold and will be shipping on April 15th.
Here's a clip from the feature:
First to Fight’s psychology engine also drives the actions of the other marines in your fire team, known as “Ready Team Fire Assist” (RTFA). “Ready” refers to the rifleman who provides cover in a specific direction. You fill the role of “Team,” who issues orders. The marine who occupies the “Fire” slot carries a SAW (Squad Automatic Weapon) machine gun and covers the direction opposite the rifleman. The “Assist” man brings up the rear, supplying ammo to the SAW gunner and keeping an eye out for enemy troops approaching from behind.To check out the entire feature, follow the link below.
The IMG Store is currently taking pre-orders for the game. It is available for $39.95 and is scheduled to ship in mid-April.
Close Combat: First to Fight
Apple: Close Combat: First To Fight Feature
Buy Close Combat: First to Fight
IMG Reviews Celtic Kings
3:44 PM | Tuncer Deniz | Comment on this story
IMG has posted a review of Virtual Programming's Celtic Kings. Here's a clip from the review:
Celtic Kings takes place in the Gaul lands during Caesar's conquest of Gaul. For those who paid little heed to European history, Gaul is an ancient region of western Europe that included what is now northern Italy, France, Belgium, and part of Germany and the Netherlands. First, there are the Gauls. They are quarrelsome separated tribes. They fight in their own lands, often among themselves. Their pride and religion often gets in the way of victory or unity. Rome is a mighty state with progressive social order and advanced military knowledge. Rome's social structure requires constant expansion wars. Caesar's brilliant leadership, however, makes Rome a deadly enemy. Caesar seeks to conquer Gaul for glory and fortune in his quest to become the sole leader of RomeTo check out the review, please follow the link below.
IMG Review: Celtic Kings
Celtic Kings: Rage of War
Buy Celtic Kings: Rage of War
Shadowbane Patch 5.0 in Testing
9:01 AM | Marcus Albers | Comment on this story
UbiSoft has posted information about a new patch that has gone into testing for the MMORPG Shadowbane. The version 5.0 patch is being rolled out on the Shadowbane Test Server to work out bugs that may still exist before installing on the Production Game servers.
The version 5.0 patch includes an impressive amount of changes. Some of the more noteworthy:
• Crusaders can now wear the All-Father Acolyte Hood, All-Father High Priest Hood, and All-Father Initiate HoodHead over to Ubisoft's Shadowbane site to check out the rest of the changes, and stay with IMG for further information on Shadowbane development.
Shadowbane: Patch 5.0 to Test
• The Nightstalker's drain immunity now blocks drains powers
• The Traveler Power 'Recall to Runegate' will no longer send players to Maelstrom or Oblivion
• Wyrmslayers have been granted a new weapon power that snares the target and placed a damage over time effect on them
• Nation and guild Crests will now dynamically update to those around when a guild changes status such as swearing to another guild or planting a Tree of Life
• Added the new Alchemy System
• Added a Confirmation for when a player attempts to cancel an item being crafted by an Hireling to inform them that they will lose any resources spent
• Implemented a limit of 200 items a Hireling can carry in their Inventory; all inventories are grandfathered in so if a Hireling has more than 200 items they will not disappear but new items cannot be placed on a Hireling until they go below 200 items.
Tomb Raider: Legend Revealed
9:00 AM | Marcus Albers | Comment on this story
The newly-revived Eidos has announced the next installment in the Tomb Raider franchise, entitled Tomb Raider: Legend. The new game will go back to the tomb raiding roots of the franchise, after Lara's latest adventure, the less-than-stellar Angel of Darkness, found our heroine in Paris sneaking around ala Solid Snake.
Eidos talks about the process from which came the ideas for the new game installment:
Eighteen months ago, Tomb Raider team members at Crystal Dynamics embarked on their own quest to rediscover Lara Croft. During their soul-searching mission, they unearthed past consumer surveys, conducted new research, re-read every game review, listened to lots of passionate pleas and opinions from gamers and re-played through every Tomb Raider product. From this introspection and open-minded search for a fresh perspective, Tomb Raider: Legend was born.Changes to the series are reported to include a redesigned character model for Ms. Croft, including a... ahem... more natural character design. New animations and new equipment will add to the adventure.
Eidos will be releasing Tomb Raider: Legend on the PlayStation 2, Xbox, and PC. No official announcement has been made as to the availability of the Macintosh version, but previous installments of the series have made it our way. Stay with IMG for any new information on the Tomb Raider series as it becomes available.
Eidos Unveils First Details of Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Legend
Frag.Ops UT2004 Mod Updated
9:00 AM | Marcus Albers | Comment on this story
Macologist has posted information about a new version of the semi-realism mod for UT2004, Frag.Ops. This release brings the modification to version 2.16.
Highlights include the addition of two new maps including Serenissima and Lost Village. Currently Mac downloads available include a manual zip of the full installation as well as the 2.15-2.16 patch.Other changes include:
- Friendly players will no longer be killed by slow moving vehicles in games where FF is onHead over to the Macologist website to download the mod, an updater for version 2.15, and the Macintosh launcher application.
Frag.Ops (UT2004) v2.16 Released
- Copter pilot will be much harder to kill with rockets now. This is not the same as shooting down a helicopter with rockets, it is when the pilot dies from a rocket blast but the helicopter survives.
- Made helicopters a bit easier to control
- Fixed Stryker and Jeep passengers "lagging behind" the vehicle
- Improved player model location updates when controlling turrets (eliminates the movement "skipping")
- Added optional high detail weapon skins with specular maps
Unreal Tournament 2004
Buy Unreal Tournament 2004
Recent Mac Games News
Tuesday, April 5, 2005
Monday, April 4, 2005
Friday, April 1, 2005
Thursday, March 31, 2005
Wednesday, March 30, 2005
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.