Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diablo IV announced
(06-14-2022, 10:35 AM)Thain Esh Kelch Wrote: Diablo: Immortal now has the impressive feat of being the lowest rated game ever for user scores on Metacritic, with a rating of 0,3. That is for sure not deserved.

lulz. Its probably close to the Emoji Movie.

(06-14-2022, 03:53 PM)Frigidman™ Wrote: lulz. Its probably close to the Emoji Movie.

That actually has a higher user rating of 2.0...

I am wondering how bad Diablo Immortal actually is when just played free2play. I know the monetization scheme is insane but if you ignore all of that is there actually a good game there? Maybe i'll try it out on my ipad with a controller.

(06-20-2022, 11:11 AM)Sneaky Snake Wrote: I am wondering how bad Diablo Immortal actually is when just played free2play. I know the monetization scheme is insane but if you ignore all of that is there actually a good game there? Maybe i'll try it out on my ipad with a controller.

You can read my 'review' in the 'What are we playing thread?'. If you can get over that, there's a fine game to be found. People do say that you need to put down money to survive the end game though.

There was a new gameplay trailer released a week ago BTW. Game looks great IMHO. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_VkpXudWf4

(06-20-2022, 12:03 PM)Thain Esh Kelch Wrote: [media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_VkpXudWf4[/media]

the media markup doesn't seem to work unless you change 'https' to 'http'

Side note; that trailer's a lot more tolerable [to me] without the damned commentator banter!

(07-05-2022, 04:22 PM)UmarOMC1 Wrote: the media markup doesn't seem to work unless you change 'https' to 'http'

This is true for every Youtube video. I just wanted to magnify your statement to help you get the word out for great justice.

Some leaked gameplay has come out. https://kotaku.com/diablo-4-iv-activisio...1849553169

Oh man, I wish I saw this post before the file(s) were removed.

It wasn't too exciting IMHO. It looked pretty much like Diablo III, but with a bit more gritty look to it, and some missing textures here and there. If you've played tons of Diablo before, then you know exactly what it was about.

(09-21-2022, 08:13 PM)UmarOMC1 Wrote: Oh man, I wish I saw this post before the file(s) were removed.

Once it's out there, you can't get it back into the bottle. You can easily find the videos on YouTube for instance.

(09-22-2022, 06:06 AM)Thain Esh Kelch Wrote: It wasn't too exciting IMHO. It looked pretty much like Diablo III, but with a bit more gritty look to it, and some missing textures here and there. If you've played tons of Diablo before, then you know exactly what it was about.

On the money with your description.

(09-22-2022, 12:31 PM)Janichsan Wrote: Once it's out there, you can't get it back into the bottle. You can easily find the videos on YouTube for instance.

Why was it easier to find after reading your post? Hmmmm. lol

Anyone play the Diablo IV beta this weekend? Thought it was enjoyable. Nothing groundbreaking, plays it safe, but in that sense it feels like comfort food. Feels like a game I’ve played before, but not in a bad way.

I do like the revert back to health potions, and the darker art style. Skill tree feels like a good combination of D2 and D3.

Biggest complaint is that the layout of the dungeons is very cookie cutter and a bit monotonous: go left, get a key, go right, get another key, open the door, fight a few more mobs, then the door to the boss will be in the exact same place... not the end of the world, especially if the other areas have different dungeon designs. IIRC Diablo 3 had a similar problem.

I'm not a huge Diablo fan, but had fun with the beta. It kept me playing and interested for a few hours over the weekend.

(03-27-2023, 11:35 AM)Cougar Wrote: Biggest complaint is that the layout of the dungeons is very cookie cutter and a bit monotonous: go left, get a key, go right, get another key, open the door, fight a few more mobs, then the door to the boss will be in the exact same place... not the end of the world, especially if the other areas have different dungeon designs. IIRC Diablo 3 had a similar problem.

Diablo III was nowhere near as bad as this in Diablo IV.

Denis Gladkikh, a former Microsoft Development Engineer has published a step-by-step guide on getting Diablo IV to run on Apple Silicon Macs using Apple's new game porting toolkit.

I haven't tried it out, but report back if you do.

Quote:I am playing on 6k external display. My resolution is set to 3072x1728 in game. To get the best performance, I have set Quality Preset to Ultra, and changed FidelityFX Super Resolution to Quality. I see about 40-50 FPS in the game.

This is on a "maxed-out MacBook Pro 16" 2023 with M2 Max 96Gb of RAM".

Nice.

I won't be trying this on my work laptop any time soon. It's not maxed out, plus I would get no sympathy from my director if I installed a beta OS on it and suddenly couldn't do my job for a while.

I just tried this for fun. Thought about doing it in Mac OS 13 (apparently it works with Xcode beta 15) but then decided to just install Sonoma beta for now. Meant to do it on a separate partition but failed in that - oh well, I can always revert to backup if I want. It's been running fine today though.

Followed those steps and got everything setup. Just running around on the first level now. It's running at ~40 FPS in 1440p resolution on my 14" M1 Pro laptop (external display). Have it set on High Quality (instead of Ultra) and have the resolution scaling set to Quality. That feels like pretty damn good performance though.

I just realized that I never played any of the previous ones with a controller, and I'm not looking forward to it. So should I buy the Xbox version as planned; or the PC version and hope that Mac "ports" are available for the long term?

It will be an interesting decision when the time comes (still a long ways off.)

If anyone has strong opinions on playing it with controller, I'd be interested. One opinion I read was that the barbarian worked well with controller, but maybe not other classes where you need to target enemies without moving towards them.

Apparently Whoopi Goldberg is upset. She doesn’t want to use no stinkin’ controller!

(06-08-2023, 06:39 PM)Cougar Wrote: Apparently Whoopi Goldberg is upset. She doesn’t want to use no stinkin’ controller!

Man, if I ran Codeweavers it would be all hands on deck to get Diablo IV running perfectly on Crossover. Then I'd comp Whoopi a Crossover license.

"No charge Whoopi, we're big fans. We're just looking forward to seeing you talk about how much fun you are having on Instragram, The View, and all your social media."