Cities: Skylines Announced
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Paradox Interactive and Colossal Order have announced Cities: Skylines. The massive city simulator from the developers of the Cities in Motion series will feature large map sizes, detailed design controls, the ability to reach endgame "wonders", and modding tools for those seeking to expand the core experience.
Inhabit a world where you define the rules. Cities: Skylines invites you to create the city of your dreams in a sprawling landscape dominated by cloud hugging structures and jaw dropping architectural marvels.Cities: Skylines will be available in 2015. Learn more at the link below.
Cities: Skylines Reveal Trailer
Developed by Colossal Order, Cities: Skylines offers sprawling landscapes and maps with endless sandbox gameplay and new ways to expand your city. Key to progression is the ability to influence your city’s policy by incorporating taxation into districts. All this including the ability to mod the game to suit your play style makes this the definitive city building simulation.
You’re only limited by your imagination, so take control and reach for the sky!
- City policies: Set policies to guide how the city and districts develop over the course of your playthrough.
- City districts: Personalize city districts with names of your choice for variety and personality.
- Road building and zoning
- Unlock buildings and services
- Taxation: Fine-tuning the city budget and services and setting tax rates to different residential, commercial and industrial levels and controlling what kind of areas are more likely to spawn in the zoned areas
- Public transportation: Build transport networks throughout the city with buses and metros
- Outside connections: Make industry and commercial districts flourish with new customers in the neighboring cities
- Wonders: the ultimate end-game content that the players strive towards
- Huge maps: Unlock new map tiles with unique possibilities to expand the city
- Water flow simulation: Add new challenges to water services.
- Polished visual style and core gameplay
- Modding tools: Built in feature designed to encourage creative pursuits.
Cities: Skylines (add to watch list)
Recent Mac Games News
Thursday, August 14, 2014
Wednesday, August 13, 2014
Tuesday, August 12, 2014
Monday, August 11, 2014
Friday, August 8, 2014
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.