AI War: Fleet Command Major Update & Expansion August 18
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Arcen Games has announced an August 18 release for version 8.0 of its space combat strategy title AI War: Fleet Command as well as the game's sixth expansion: Destroyer of Worlds. In addition to the hefty changes and additions included in the new version the expansion will offer Nomad Planets, The Exodian Blade alternate win scenario, 8 new AI types, a new Encapsulated map style, 4 new bonus ship types, and 2 new AI Guardian types.
Version 8.0:Head over to the links below to learn more.
AI War: Fleet Command 8.0 Trailer
What's new this go-round? Well, the release notes from version 7.0 to 8.0 are over 29,000 words long. It's quite a lot!
Here are a few key changes:
Destroyer of Worlds
- Linux support comes to AI War!
- Hacking is now a primary resource, seen up on the top bar. There are also new forms of hacking.
- Crystal, on the other hand, has been removed from the game. All metal now, baby. (There were many detailed discussions about the need for this with fans).
- Tons of refinement has been made to how the AI manages its resources and how it reacts to various things that you do.
- An entirely new way of playing with Champions has been added -- a free new feature for a previous expansion!
- Spirecraft, Golems, and Warheads have all been rebalanced.
- AI Carriers now work entirely differently; they pass damage to the ships within themselves, among other changes.
- Turret caps have been revised heavily, so that their main lines are now per-planet caps rather than global, which allows you to better defend on multiple fronts.
- And a whooole bunch of other stuff.
From the game-changing Nomad Planets to the mysterious Exodian Blade, “Destroyer of Worlds” brings a new level of devastation to the epic AI War universe. Dare you use weapons that threaten the structure of the galaxy itself?
Features Added In The Expansion:
- Nomad Planets introduces dynamic topology to AI War for the first time, giving the player new challenges and opportunities beyond the previously-static wormhole network.
- One of the Nomads also holds a secret weapon of truly dire power (that gives the expansion its title, hint hint).
- The Exodian Blade is a powerful alternate way-to-win, but getting there is a multi-stage journey with a great deal of desperate fighting once things get going.
- 8 new AI types, from the humorous/annoying “Kite Flier” and “Cowardly” to the monomaniacal “Starship Fanatic” to the aptly named “Brutal”. There’s also “Mime”. Never trust mimes.
- A new “Encapsulated” map style.
- 4 new Bonus Ship Types, including the Neinzul Combat Carrier (with Beam Drones, Rail Drones, Spider Drones, and Grav Drones) and the Maw-gone-mad Powerslaver.
- 2 new AI Guardian types, including the Combat Carrier Guardian (so humans don’t get to have all the ludicrous-drone fun).
- A new “Preemption” optional AI Plot that lets the AI start taking more direct action against you from the start.
- 29 more minutes of awesome music from Pablo Vega!
AI War: Destroy Of Worlds
AI War: Fleet Command
Buy AI War: Fleet Command
Recent Mac Games News
Friday, August 8, 2014
Thursday, August 7, 2014
Wednesday, August 6, 2014
Tuesday, August 5, 2014
Monday, August 4, 2014
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.