Eldevin Invades Your Desktop
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Hunted Cow Studios has just announced an updated version of its fantasy MMO, Eldevin. A major aspect of the update is the release of a desktop client for the formerly browser only title, available for Mac, Linux, and Windows PCs. The update also includes a story mode for two of the game's dungeons, now rebalanced for solo play.
Previously Eldevin was only playable in-browser, but now players can experience the game in a way they haven't been able to before now. The client also lays down some preparatory work for the hardware rendering engine, which will bring better graphics, a huge increase in framerate and improved overall performance. We expect to release the hardware renderer in a few weeks’ time, and it will in turn pave the way for Eldevin launching on Steam.Head over to the page below for more info.
Eldevin (add to watch list)
Along with the Desktop Client, Patch 1.16 also adds a Story Mode version to two of the game's dungeons, giving players the option to enter a rebalanced version of the dungeon which can be completed solo and offering retuned loot appropriate to their level and challenge. We've already received good feedback about the Story Mode dungeons, and we plan to rework every dungeon in the game to offer a Story Mode version.
We're also teasing some details about Patch 1.17, which is scheduled for next week, and will add mounts to the game. Players will be able to obtain mounts from a variety of places, both in-game and through the Eldevin store. We'll be confirming exact details on these next week.
About the Game
Eldevin Kingdom, for generations, has been a green and peaceful land. All that changed ten years ago with the discovery of the Elemental Spheres. Once thought to be mere legend, these powerful magical artifacts had an immediate affect on the kingdom, plunging it into confusion and chaos. The royal family decreed that the Spheres be scattered to the corners of the world lest they cause more destruction. They were too late. The presence of the Spheres corrupted the Champions protecting them. Now Tristan, Emperor of the Infernal Empire, has set his sights on conquering the Spheres. Only the Kingdom of Eldevin stands in his way.
- Features a rich storyline involving hundreds of quests.
- Your decisions and actions will affect future encounters and possibilities.
- Huge world to explore with many cities, areas, dungeons and secrets.
- Class-less Combat System; players in Eldevin are free to learn any of over 100 unique abilities.
- 6 Talent Trees featuring over 200 talents.
- Train in 14 professions to craft your own weapons, armor, items and amenities.
- Real-time combat system.
- 14 group based dungeons and dozens of in-depth story driven solo instances.
- Use strategy and tactics to defeat epic Foes and Bosses.
- Hundreds of items, including 20 unique sets, to obtain and collect.
- Engage in PvP combat with your friends and enemies.
- Initial release of 40 levels with awesome end-game and consistent updates.
Recent Mac Games News
Friday, July 11, 2014
Thursday, July 10, 2014
Wednesday, July 9, 2014
Tuesday, July 8, 2014
Monday, July 7, 2014
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.