Civil War: 1864 Now At MGS
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Hunted Cow's Civil War: 1864, the sequel to the strategy wargame Civil War: 1863, is now available for purchase and download at Mac Game Store. The game features over 40 missions, 20 detailed historical battles, 8 unique civil war units, different infantry formations, and detailed combat analysis.
Civil War: 1864 is the latest addition to our Civil War strategy series, bringing you the ferocious battles from 1864. Experience the American Civil War like never before with with over 40 missions; including 20 detailed historical battles. Get a greater view of the battlefield as you lead your force to victory, with our new Map Zoom feature. Civil War: 1864 is available now for $6.99 (USD).
Civil War: 1864 (add to watch list)
1864 saw the Union army make substantial gains against the Confederate forces in the American Civil War. Grant, replacing Halleck, took the risky gamble of attacking the Confederates on three different fronts. While Grant failed to gain any significant tactical advantage in any battle against Robert E. Lee, he succeeded at depleting Lee's forces. On the Western front, Sherman was able to capture Atlanta and seize Savannah. The Union's control of the railways and waterways gave them an immense logistical advantage, which would become vital to the North's eventual success. The Confederacy was ultimately fighting and losing a defensive war.
- New map zoom feature.
- High Definition Civil War Graphics.
- 7 Mission 'Tutorial' campaign.
- 4 Mission abstract 'Division' campaign.
- 7 Mission 'Cold Steel' campaign.
- 7 Mission 'Duty and Pride' campaign.
- 7 Mission Blockade campaign.
- 7 Mission 'Freedom Calls' campaign.
- All missions can be played as both sides
(except the tutorial).
- 8 Unique Civil War Units:
- Infantry with Muskets.
- Infantry with Rifled Muskets.
- Naval Gunboats.
- Dismounted and Mounted Cavalry.
- Four classes of infantry - Raw, Average, Veteran and Elite.
- Different infantry formations: unformed, line for shooting and column for charging!
- Detailed Combat Analysis.
- Flank Attacks.
- Strategic Movement.
- Hours of Gameplay.
Buy Civil War: 1864
Recent Mac Games News
Friday, July 4, 2014
Thursday, July 3, 2014
Wednesday, July 2, 2014
Tuesday, July 1, 2014
Monday, June 30, 2014
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.