Divinity: Original Sin Gets Later Release Date
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Larian Studios has announced that the release date for the upcoming, co-op fantasy RPG, Divinity: Original Sin, has changed from June 20 to June 30 to give the developers more time to polish the final product. Among other things the game will feature an isometric view point, party-based gameplay, turn-based combat, choice and consequence, character and party development, and a large interactive world filled with characters and items.
While Divinity: Original Sin has been going through rigorous testing thanks to a huge community playing on Steam Early Access, there are still a few more finishing touches required before launch. The team wants to deliver the best possible game at release, rather than a game they're not 100% happy with, and will use the extra time to add voice-overs for a range of characters, as well as a number of bug fixes to make for a well-polished experience.Follow the links below for more information.
Divinity: Original Sin (add to watch list)
Players who have purchased a copy of the game via Steam Early Access will still be able to enjoy it until release, and Larian apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause players who have been patiently waiting for Original Sin's release.
About Divinity: Original Sin
Divinity: Original Sin goes back to the roots of memorable and beloved cRPGs, featuring isometric, party-based gameplay; turn-based combat; gripping dialogues; choice and consequence; enthralling story; profound character and party development; a big interactive world filled with characters and items; free exploration... There is one main goal, and how you get there is completely up to you. Of course, everything is more fun with a friend and so is Original Sin: drop-in, drop-out multiplayer takes care of that, both online and locally.
- Become part of a reactive, living and open world. Explore diverse environments, find myriad creatures and tons of desirable items.
- Experience gripping, party and turn-based combat. Manipulate the environment and use skill & spell combos.
- Play in co-op multiplayer and engage in co-op dialogues. Shape your relationships with your partner that will influence the game.
- Unravel a deep and epic story, set in the early days of Rivellon. Taking place well before Divine Divinity and The Dragon Knight Saga, Divinity: Original Sin presents you with a familiar world in another era.
- Classless system lets you shape your character any way you want. Endless item interaction and combinations take things to another level of freedom.
- Create your own adventures and share them online. With Original Sin comes the powerful toolset used by the game's designers.
Recent Mac Games News
Friday, June 6, 2014
Thursday, June 5, 2014
Wednesday, June 4, 2014
Tuesday, June 3, 2014
Monday, June 2, 2014
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.