Planetary Annihilation Unleashed At MGS
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Uber Entertainment's Planetary Annihilation is now available for purchase and download at Mac Game Store. The sci-fi strategy game gives players the chance to wage war on a planetary scale with multiple players and thousands of units.
Colonize solar systems, smash entire worlds, and obliterate your foes in epic battles with multiple players and thousands of units. Planetary Annihilation takes real-time strategy to a planetary scale. Planetary Annihilation is available now for $49.99 (USD).
Control rumbling, powerful tanks of war, massive bomber jets, and an assortment of bots, orbital starships, and battleships. Use entire planets as bases and then send your war machine to other celestial bodies. Play with up to 10 players in epic free-for-alls or battle against AI. Strap rockets to asteroids and send them tearing into your opponents' planets, turning them into craters. In Planetary Annihilation, don't just win - annihilate!
*Planetary Annihilation is in its gamma phase of development. In other words, it's not "finished" in the traditional sense. We're still in the process of shaping the entire experience. Over the next few months and weeks and days, we'll update regularly and push out new mechanics, features and optimizations.
- Gamma Features Include:
- A New User Experience - Seamlessly find or create the epic free-for-alls and team deathmatches that you want intuitively with brand new UI.
- Picture-In-Picture - Fight across celestial bodies while watching another simultaneously. This is a next-generation experience.
- Advanced Command and Control - With simple drag and drop commands, easily mine entire planets of their resources and attack your foesí strongholds.
- Orchestral Soundtrack - Hear the stunning score of Planetary Annihilation as played by a pounding orchestra. Over an hourís worth of music!
- Smash Planets - Colonize asteroids, bolt rockets to them, and then launch them into your opponents' planets. Laugh as you watch bases turn to craters, courtesy overwhelming force.
- Control A Machine Of War - Annihilate with naval, air, ground or take the fight into orbit. Control rumbling, powerful tanks of war, massive bomber jets, and an assortment of subs, bots, orbital units, and battleships.
- The Solar System is Your Playground - Matches take place on an interplanetary scale. Use entire planets as bases and send swarms of units to moons and asteroids.
- Streaming Video - ChronoCam allows you to view in-match recordings to see when a battle turned. Also, you can view entire matches after they end.
- Multiplayer - Play with up to 10 friends in epic free-for-all and team-based matches. Control hundreds and, possibly, thousands of units in devastating attacks across land, air, water ... and orbit.
- Streaming Economy - Planetary Annihilation's economy moves as fast as you do. Build metal extractors and energy plants on the fly, recouping costs spent on domination in real-time.
- Solo Play - Battle against multiple AI!
- Upcoming Features Include:
- Even Bigger Multiplayer - Up to 40-person battles with hundreds to thousands of units.
- Galactic War - Join up with friends and fight in a scalable
- galactic war with your friends, your clan, by yourself over the 'net or even a LAN machine. Take over the galaxy!
- Replays - Watch your previous battles and receive links to them that you can share freely with your friends.
- Friends List And Instant Messaging - Find friends, make new ones, and message them before and after battle.
- Profile Pages - Check out your latest game replays, personalize your profile, and see your stats.
- DRM Free - Play connected to the UberNet servers, your own private server, or offline. Itís your choice. Early Access online connectivity is required to play.
- Mac OS X 10.7 or later
- 2 GHz Dual Core Intel Mac
- 4 GB RAM
- 2 GB HD Space
- 512 MB VRAM
- Steam and a Steam Account required to play
Planetary Annihilation Trailer
Buy Planetary Annihilation
Recent Mac Games News
Wednesday, April 30, 2014
Tuesday, April 29, 2014
Monday, April 28, 2014
Friday, April 25, 2014
Thursday, April 24, 2014
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.