The Last Federation Launches April 18
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Arcen Games has announced and April 18 release for The Last Federation. Available for Mac, Windows, and Linux PCs the sci-fi turn-based strategy game features up to 5 factions competing at once, eight unique races, multiple difficulty levels, and a deep simulation of an entire solar system and its billions of inhabitants.
TLF is a grand strategy campaign with turn-based tactical combat, and like all of our games - you won't find anything else out there quite like it! The game marks Arcen's return to the space strategy genre, where we first made a name for ourselves with AI War: Fleet Command.
Grand strategy with turn-based tactical combat, set in a deep simulation of an entire solar system and its billions of inhabitants. You are the last of a murdered race, determined to unify or destroy the 8 others. But you must work from the shadows, using superior technology -- bring your cape and cowl.
Greetings, Hydral. I will be your computer for this "grand strategy campaign with turn-based tactical combat." I think that's code for "we're going to die."
Our solar system is vast and complicated, and I sense you are a little dimwitted -- so I tell you what, let's start with the simple stuff. Like escaping with this flagship you just hijacked from a bunch of angry robots. That seems important.
Please excuse my impertinence, but I believe you are the last of a murdered race, yes? My records note you Hydrals were the dictators of the solar system, so basically you had it coming. And by "it," I mean the moon that smacked into your homeworld. Hmm. So people really aren't going to like you until they get to know you. Well, only you can use the scattered remnants of advanced Hydral technology, so that's something.
Look, I'm not going to tell you what to do. My understanding is that you're trying to form the solar system's first-and-last unified federation, and that's noble enough. But right now nobody wants that except you, and you've got 8 very diverse, very angry races to either unify or exterminate. So... good luck with that. I'll help how I can.
- Turn-based tactical combat, with up to 5 factions competing at once.
- Extremely deep simulation of an entire solar system and its billions of inhabitants. Even just watching everything unfold in Observer mode is entertaining, as nations rise and fall.
- New-player-friendly ramp-up of complexity as you play, which you can disable if you're already a veteran.
- Eight races each have very distinct personalities and attributes. Each one even has its own completely unique political system.
- Difficulty levels split between the grand strategy and turn-based combat portions of the game, both ranging from quite casual to incredibly hardcore.
- Save and reload your game with ease any time, or tough it out in ironman mode.
- Composer Pablo Vega's best soundtrack to date, featuring 54 minutes of music and the vocal finale "Lay Down Your Arms."
For more information follow the link below.
The Last Federation
Buy The Last Federation
Recent Mac Games News
Friday, April 11, 2014
Thursday, April 10, 2014
Wednesday, April 9, 2014
Tuesday, April 8, 2014
Monday, April 7, 2014
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.