F1 2013 Races Onto Macs
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Feral Interactive has announced the release of F1 2013, the FORMULA 1 racing simulation video game. Developed and published by Codemasters for consoles and PC, F1 2013 offers Mac gamers the chance to experience "all the thrills of the 2013 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP" and, for the first time in Codemasters’ series, race classic cars on iconic circuits in a new game mode called F1 Classics. The Classic Edition also includes two DLC packs: The 1990s Content Pack which contains six classic cars and lets players drive as Damon hill and Michael Schumacher, and The Classic Track Pack which contains two additional tracks.
F1 2013 features all the cars, stars and circuits from the 2013 season and includes all of the new rules, tyre changes and remodeled handling to authentically reflect the challenge and exhilaration of racing 2013’s stunning roster of FORMULA ONE™ cars. Players will compete for motorsports’ ultimate prize over five seasons in Career mode, join up with a friend in Co-Op Championship mode and in the brand new Scenario Mode, master the unique set of challenges faced by real life FORMULA ONE drivers.F1 2013: Classic Edition is available to purchase now for $64.99 (USD).
F1 2013 Trailer
Players will also get to recreate historic FORMULA ONE in F1 Classics mode, which features famous cars, drivers and circuits from the 1980s. With a voiceover introduction by legendary broadcaster Murray Walker, F1 Classics is a fictional racing series that lets players loose on Brands Hatch and Circuit De Jerez as a selection of the greatest drivers of yesteryear.
Additional content will be available in a premium edition of the video game, F1 2013: Classic Edition, which contains two DLC packs. The 1990s Content pack contains six classic cars, three each from the Ferrari and Williams teams, and lets players drive them as 1990s legends, including Damon Hill and Michael Schumacher. The Classic Track pack contains two additional tracks: Imola and Estoril, respectively the historic homes of the San Marino GRAND PRIX™ and the Portuguese GRAND PRIX.
- Career mode: From the first qualifying session in Melbourne to the dramatic final laps at São Paulo, pursue the coveted Drivers’ World Championship in an epic recreation of the full 2013 season.
- GRAND PRIX™ mode: Shape your own FORMULA ONE experience by creating custom championships with any combination of circuits from the 2013 season.
- Scenario mode: Take on 20 high-pressure challenges inspired by authentic FORMULA ONE racing situations.
- F1 Classics mode: Master the mighty cars and demanding tracks of the 1980s, and battle the era’s legendary drivers.
- Mid-session saves: Need to make a real-life pit stop? Save your progress and the next time you play, pick up exactly where you left off.
- Improved handling: Perfect your racing lines with the most realistic handling model yet.
- Multiplayer: Double up with a friend in co-operative championships and prove yourself in 16-player cross platform (Mac and PC) online races.
Note: Copies of the game purchased from the Mac App Store do not support SteamPlay, so will not contain online multiplayer. They will contain offline split-screen multiplayer as well as the full single-player game.
- F1 2013: Classic Edition is a premium version that includes the 1990s Content and Classic Track packs, containing six cars and twelve drivers from the 1990s as well as the historic Imola and Estoril circuits
- Mac OS X 10.8.5 or later
- 2.4 GHz Intel Mac
- 4 GB RAM
- 13 GB HD Space
- 512 MB VRAM
- ATI Radeon HD 4670
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M
- Intel HD Graphics 4000 (requires 8 GB RAM)
F1 2013: Classic Edition
Buy F1 2013: Classic Edition
Recent Mac Games News
Thursday, March 6, 2014
Wednesday, March 5, 2014
Tuesday, March 4, 2014
Monday, March 3, 2014
Friday, February 28, 2014
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.