Shadowrun: Dragonfall Released
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 3 comments
Harebrained Schemes has announced the release of Shadowrun: Dragonfall, the first expansion for its Kickstarter funded Shadowrun Returns. The addition to the magic-meets-cyberpunk tactical RPG will feature a new 12+ hour campaign set in Berlin, the much requested Save Anywhere feature, new enemies, new weapons, new items, and new features for the game editor.
“The response to Shadowrun Returns was so overwhelming that it inspired us to pull out all the stops in creating Shadowrun: Dragonfall. We really did our best to listen to fans and act on their feedback,” said Jordan Weisman, founder of Harebrained Schemes and creator of the Shadowrun game universe. “We are thrilled to unveil our next story and can’t wait to see all the awesome new Shadowrun stories that the community will create with the Dragonfall expansion and the Shadowrun Editor.”Shadowrun Returns is on sale now for $14.99. Learn more at the links below.
Shadowrun: Dragonfall (add to watch list)
SHADOWRUN: DRAGONFALL STORY
In 2012, magic returned to our world, awakening powerful creatures of myth and legend. Among these was the great dragon Feuerschwinge, who emerged without warning from the mountains of Germany - unleashing fire, death, and untold destruction across the countryside. It took German forces nearly four months to finally shoot her down. This event became known as the Dragonfall.
Now, 42 years later, the world has changed. Unchecked advances in technology have blurred the line between man and machine. Elves and trolls walk among us, ruthless corporations bleed the world dry, and Feuerschwinge’s reign of terror is a distant memory. Germany is splintered - in Berlin, a stable anarchy rules the city. Known as the Flux State, it’s a place where almost anything goes, power is ephemeral, and the right connections can be the difference between success and starvation. For you and your team of battle-scarred shadowrunners, there’s no better place to earn a quick payday.
But a new threat is rising, one that could mean untold chaos and devastation. One that soon has you and your team caught on the wrong side of a deadly conspiracy. The only clue: whispers of the Dragonfall. Rumors that the Great Dragon Feuerschwinge may still be alive, waiting for the right moment to return…
SHADOWRUN: DRAGONFALL FEATURES
- Experience a New Full-Length Campaign: Return to the “Tech meets Magic” future of Shadowrun in an all-new 12+ hour campaign. Operating out of an offbeat hub neighborhood, you’ll choose which missions to accept and how you’ll approach them while navigating the dark underbelly of “the Flux”.
- An Exciting New Locale: Shadowrun: Dragonfall transports runners to the Free City of Berlin, a thrilling Shadowrun setting full of gorgeous new hi-res environments, a diverse new cast of characters, and a new soundtrack by Sam Powell, the composer of the original Sega Genesis Shadowrun game.
- Command Your Team: Lead a small team of shadowrunners, each with their own outlook and backstory. The members of your team are designed to play unique roles during missions, and each has a distinct set of skills, abilities, strengths, and weaknesses.
- New Weapons, Portraits, Enemies & More: Try your hand at the long-range sniper rifle, explosive grenade launcher, or stun-inducing taser. Chrome yourself out in the latest cyberware, and take on deadly new enemies - including new magical creatures like gargoyles and fire drakes. Dragonfall brings a host of new items, characters, over 60 new portraits to choose from, and many other improvements to the Shadowrun Returns experience.
- Save Anywhere: You can save your progress at any time during the game. The new save-game functionality is available in new downloads of Shadowrun Returns and through a patch for all existing copies.
- New Game Editor Features: Dragonfall brings a wide range of enhancements to the Shadowrun Returns game editor for community content creators - including a scripting system to better control lighting, tracking mission objectives in the main game UI, placing exploding barrels, and allowing players to input keypad passwords and custom text strings in conversations. In addition, content creators will be able to use all of the new Berlin environment art, items and characters in their own stories along with assets from the original Shadowrun Returns campaign.
Recent Mac Games News
Thursday, February 27, 2014
Wednesday, February 26, 2014
Tuesday, February 25, 2014
Monday, February 24, 2014
Friday, February 21, 2014
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.