The Book Of Unwritten Tales 2 Kickstarter To Fund "More"
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
KING Art Games recently started a new Kickstarter campaign to help fund The Book of Unwritten Tales 2, and have already surpassed the original $65,000 goal. The new funds will allow the developers to expand upon the core game to include a variety of improvements and additions to the point-and-click sequel.
The next installment in the acclaimed BoUT-series will be unleashed beginning of 2015 and it will be filled to the brim with puzzles, eccentric characters and the trademark BoUT-humor. But we want to do more; more epic, more shiny, more community involvement, more... of everything!The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 Kickstarter campaign concludes on March 23. For more information follow the link below.
The Book Of Unwritten Tales 2 Kickstarter
The Book of Unwritten Tales 2
After "The Critter Chronicles" explored the past of our heroes, we wanted to continue the epic story of The Book of Unwritten Tales 1 and show their future adventures. But we have taken our time, because expectations are high – both our own and from the community.
In our humble opinion, these are the key ingredients for a great BoUT2 game:
How and when will BoUT2 be made available?
- A fantasy adventure story with about 20 hours of pointing and clicking
- The trademark BoUT-humor, lovingly spoofing WoW, LotR, Game of Thrones, Harry Potter, Discworld, D&D, The Hobbit and many more
- Hundreds of weird, yet oddly logical puzzles and our well-proven "Multi-Character-Gameplay"
- The established four playable characters Wilbur, Nate, Ivo und Critter
- Numerous beautiful locations, improved through today's computer alchemy - and your pledge! (see Goals - Projection Mapping)
- An ensemble of quirky characters, both well-established and hot off the drawing board
- An epic soundtrack with many new compositions
Thanks to our brothers in arms at Nordic Games, the core game is already fully funded and will be released beginning of 2015. It will be out on PC, Mac, Linux, in English and German, and there will be a DRM-free version available (boxed and digital).
In fall 2014 we will make the game available chapter by chapter via Steam Early Access. All backers who have pledged $25 or more automatically have the opportunity to receive the game via Steam Early Access for free.
The full game consists of five chapters, each with a playtime of around 3 to 4 hours, so just like BoUT1 it will be one of the biggest adventure games out there. It will be big and it will be wicked. But we would love to push it even further – and that’s where you come in.
The Book Of Unwritten Tales 2 (add to watch list)
Recent Mac Games News
Wednesday, February 12, 2014
Tuesday, February 11, 2014
Monday, February 10, 2014
Friday, February 7, 2014
Thursday, February 6, 2014
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.