Jagged Alliance: Back In Action Gives Mac Users Some Love
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Kalypso Media has announced that Jagged Alliance: Back in Action, the latest in the series of military-themed tactical games, will be available for Mac and Linux via digital distribution on February 14, 2014. Ported by Big Moon Studios using the Unity engine, the game will now give a new group of gamers the chance to liberate the island of Arulco.
Jagged Alliance: Back in Action puts players in control of a private military corporation that has been hired to depose an evil dictator, who has taken over the tropical island of Arulco. Sector-by-sector, inch-by-inch, the player’s squads of mercenaries will recapture the island using their wits, willpower, tactical skills, and of course – plenty of guns. Jagged Alliance: Back In Action will be available for £24.99/€29.99/$29.99. Players who already own the Windows version will automatically get access to the two new versions when they log onto their Steam account and download the game.
Jagged Alliance: Back In Action
Jagged Alliance: Back in Action takes players to the fictitious country of Arulco, where a ruthless dictator has seized power and only a small group of rebels stand to resist her. Tasked with freeing the island from the dictator’s iron grip, players will command rebel and mercenary forces while using tactical and economic tools to keep troops supplied and ready for the next flight, all while commanding them directly in nail-biting battles.
Back in Action’s innovative “plan & go” combat system combines real-time strategy (RTS) with turn-based elements to guarantee that the intricacies of tactical warfare are rendered in dynamic, exciting gameplay. This challenges would-be commanders to master not only strategy and tactical combat, but also to maximize their team’s capabilities through RPG-like character advancement.
Key features of Jagged Alliance: Back in Action:
- Engage in a massive non-linear ground campaign to free the oppressed people of the gorgeously-rendered fictitious country of Arulco, assembling your own motley crew of mercenaries to get the job done.
- Prowess in strategy and tactics is not enough; can you master the intricacies of RPG-like character development, a challenging economy and the logistics to keep your troops supplied – and strike at the right time with the right skills and proper weapons?
- An innovative “plan & go” combat system combines turn-based planning with dynamic RTS execution.
- Assemble your own combat squad from over 40 unique mercenaries, each with a detailed personality profile, including likes, dislikes, strengths, weakness and character flaws.
- Simultaneously control multiple squads to flank the enemy from multiple sides as you try your hand at advanced combat tactics
Buy Jagged Alliance: Back In Action
Recent Mac Games News
Friday, February 7, 2014
Thursday, February 6, 2014
Wednesday, February 5, 2014
Tuesday, February 4, 2014
Monday, February 3, 2014
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.