Feral Reveals F1 2013 Multiplayer & Classic Edition Features
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Feral Interactive has announced details about the upcoming F1 2013. The company revealed that Steam versions of the game will support up to 16 player Mac vs. PC multiplayer, while Mac App Store versions will be single-player only. Feral also confirmed the game will release as both a standard edition and a premium Classic Edition with additional content.
Cross-platform (Mac vs. PC) multiplayer for up to 16 players will be supported in all copies of the game (boxed and digital) with SteamPlay. These will be available from the Feral Store, Steam and other third-party store partners. A Steam account will be required for both activation and online play.Head over to the links below for more information.
F1 2013: Classic Edition (add to watch list)
Copies of the game purchased from the Mac App Store do not support SteamPlay and will be single-player only.
F1 2013 will be available as both a standard edition and as F1 2013: Classic Edition, a premium version of the game that includes all additional content.
About F1 2013:
F1 2013 features all the cars, stars and circuits from the 2013 season and includes all of the new rules, tyre changes and remodeled handling to authentically reflect the challenge and exhilaration of racing 2013’s stunning roster of FORMULA ONE™ cars. Players will compete for motorsports’ ultimate prize over five seasons in Career mode, join up with a friend in Co-Op Championship mode and in the brand new Scenario Mode, master the unique set of challenges faced by real life FORMULA ONE drivers.
Players will also get to recreate historic FORMULA ONE in F1 Classics mode, which features famous cars, drivers and circuits from the 1980s. With a voiceover introduction by legendary broadcaster Murray Walker, F1 Classics is a fictional racing series that lets players loose on Brands Hatch and Circuit De Jerez as a selection of the greatest drivers of yesteryear.
Additional content will be available in a premium edition of the video game, F1 2013: Classic Edition, which contains two DLC packs. The 1990s Content pack contains six classic cars, three each from the Ferrari and Williams teams, and lets players drive them as 1990s legends, including Damon Hill and Michael Schumacher. The Classic Track pack contains two additional tracks: Imola and Estoril, respectively the historic homes of the San Marino GRAND PRIX™ and the Portuguese GRAND PRIX.
- Career mode: From the first qualifying session in Melbourne to the dramatic final laps at São Paulo, pursue the coveted Drivers’ World Championship in an epic recreation of the full 2013 season.
- GRAND PRIX™ mode: Shape your own FORMULA ONE experience by creating custom championships with any combination of circuits from the 2013 season.
- Scenario mode: Take on 20 high-pressure challenges inspired by authentic FORMULA ONE racing situations.
- F1 Classics mode: Master the mighty cars and demanding tracks of the 1980s, and battle the era’s legendary drivers.
- Mid-session saves: Need to make a real-life pit stop? Save your progress and the next time you play, pick up exactly where you left off.
- Improved handling: Perfect your racing lines with the most realistic handling model yet.
- F1 2013: Classic Edition is a premium version that includes the 1990s Content and Classic Track packs, containing six cars and twelve drivers from the 1990s as well as the historic Imola and Estoril circuits
Buy F1 2013: Classic Edition
Recent Mac Games News
Friday, January 31, 2014
Thursday, January 30, 2014
Wednesday, January 29, 2014
Tuesday, January 28, 2014
Monday, January 27, 2014
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.