Slitherine Launches Multiplatform Releases With Pandora
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 2 comments
Slitherine has announced that Pandora, its sci-fi 4X turn-based strategy game, is now available in a multiplatform package for both the digital and boxed versions. Those who purchase the game will now have access to all three versions, and current owners can request a download link for the additional platforms. Slitherine also revealed this single master approach will be the standard on all new PC/Mac/Linux releases.
Pandora - PC, Mac & Linux now all in one package!Learn more at the links below.
Pandora: First Contact (add to watch list)
We've listened to what you said and remastered the game to have a single master for all formats. This means going forwards if you buy the PC, Mac or Linux version you'll be delivered the installer for all 3 and can re-download the installer for all 3 at any time. We've also re-mastered the disk so if you buy a boxed version you'll also receive all 3 formats on the disk, plus the free download. Existing customers can contact support for a link to download the additional platforms.
We hope those of you sitting on the fence because you had multiple platforms will now take the plunge!
We have also decided that going forwards this will be the policy on all future PC/Mac/Linux releases. They will all be multi-platform (when bought from our store). This does not apply to existing games as we do nto have the resources to go back and remaster the back catalog, this only applies to new releases.
Developed by Proxy Studios (www.proxy-studios.com), Pandora: First Contact is a science fiction 4X turn-based strategy game on a planetary scale – a spiritual successor to Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri.
In the future, factions have risen up from opportunities and ideologies independent of governments. Private corporations and religious movements have started wars over greed, ideology and power. Many have died and many lands lay in ruin. Planet Earth has been exhausted and colonial attempts on other planetary bodies have been in vain.
Finally, after decades of exploration, an interstellar probe has brought promise of a new world many light-years away. The most powerful factions have gathered their best men and women to send on a long journey to Pandora. Far from desolate, the earth-like planet has been found to host a plethora of indigenous life forms. While the gigantic monstrosities inland and at the oceans seem relatively calm, human-sized bugs and fungus are threatening to stop mankind's expansion.
As the various factions strive to take control, each will research and develop numerous new technologies, discovering new weapons and industry, whilst opening trade agreements and forging alliances with other factions to gain a foothold.
As they spread, they will discover ancient ruins and artifacts from alien civilizations that will grant them advantages over their rivals.
- Explore a new world harboring a variety of eco-regions, from the frozen ice lands of the north, to vast deserts and lush tropical forests in the south.
- Survive encounters with the planet's dangerous wild life. Deadly swarms walk the lands and agile predators fly in the skies. There is even talk of a giant creature in the oceans.
- Live in harmony with nature or use it to further your cause. The indigenous life will react to your actions and treat you accordingly.
- Discover ruins and artifacts, the relics of an ancient alien civilization long forgotten that can give you an edge against the planet life and other rivaling factions.
- Found new cities to expand the borders of your empire. Manage cities by adjusting the tax rate, choosing production and assigning colonists to jobs.
- Operate a fully globalized and pooled resource and growth system. Specialize one city to harvest minerals while churning out units in another.
- Adapt your empire to pressing demand. Your colonists will migrate between cities based on factors such as pollution and living space.
- Construct farms, mines, forts, and other improvements to increase the productivity of your colonies or to fortify positions.
- Progress through a vast randomized research tree spanning dozens of technologies providing operations, buildings, units, weapons, and more.
- Negotiate trade and research pacts with other factions for mutual benefits. Forge alliances to stand united against common foes.
- Design your own units by choosing from a range of different classes, armors, weapons, and devices to maximize the strength of your forces.
- Command vast armies across the battlefield against enemy factions, making use of the variety of terrain types to gain an advantage.
- Unleash hell on your opponents with powerful military operations, ranging from drop pods behind enemy lines to black hole generators eradicating entire landscapes.
- Prove yourself in multiplayer with friends or strangers and discover entirely new strategies.
- Customize your experience through easily moddable XML data and well-known image and audio formats.
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.7Recommended Requirements:
Processor: Intel Core 2 or equivalent
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Hard Disk: 1 GB space free
Graphics: OpenGL 2.0 compatible with 256 MB VRAM (NVIDIA GeForce 6600 series / ATI Radeon 9500 series)
Peripherals: Keyboard and mouse
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.8
Processor: Intel Core i3 or equivalent
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Hard Disk: 2 GB space free
Graphics: OpenGL 2.0 compatible with 512 MB VRAM (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 series / ATI Radeon HD 4870 series)
Peripherals: Keyboard and mouse
Slitherine (add to watch list)
Pandora Multiplatform Info
Recent Mac Games News
Friday, January 17, 2014
Thursday, January 16, 2014
Wednesday, January 15, 2014
Tuesday, January 14, 2014
Monday, January 13, 2014
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.