Quickfire Kickstarting Wild Season
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Quickfire Games recently sent us an email about a new Kickstarter campaign to fund Wild Season. Inspired by games like Harvest Moon, Rune Factory, and Animal Crossing, Wild Season is a farming simulation with a greater focus on depth and character-driven storytelling. Players take the role of the new owner of a small farm who must repair, build, and expand it while dealing with a wide range of issues like heartbreak, drinking problems, and crazy exes.
Wild Season is a Farming Simulation Game, inspired by the likes of Harvest Moon, Animal Crossing, Rune Factory and Thousand Arms. Although it shares many of the same concepts and mechanics, Wild Season differentiates itself in its approach to these same ideas.Quickfire is hoping to gather £22,500 before the Kickstarter campaign ends on December 27.
The game revolves around the main character (You), suddenly coming into posession of a farm in a far away town, and the story of how you repair, build and expand it. However along the way you will experience the many distractions, including friends, enemies, love, heartbreak, marriage, winning, losing, discover some mysteries, and perhaps even discover the meaning of true evil.
What makes Wild Season Different from other similar games?
- A detailed and intricately crafted world that you can explore, experience and enjoy.
- Play as a male or female character!
- 8 Bachelors and/or bachelorettes for you to woo, romance and marry.
- Same sex relationships.
- Build relationships with characters that you can believe. make friends, and loved ones, or enemies and crazy exes with our custom built relationship engine: The Friend-Zone Engine.
- Turn your newly acquired decrepit farm into one of the region's top farm.
- Grow crops, raise animals, and sell their produce.
- Multiple story-lines, relationships and choices for you to explore, ranging from a mature emotional roller coaster, to downright slapstick.
- Make choices that change the world around you. Make your way into the town council and make decisions about where to take your town.
- Participate or simply attend the many festivals that occur throughout the year, including fairs, competition, races, mystic sacrifices and more!
- Discover the deep dark secret of your town, why it will cause worlds to collide, and decide what you will do with that knowledge.
- Take part in part-time jobs to help build relationships, and fill your wallet in the early days.
- Stop for a drink at the bar after a long day's work to socialize. Who knows what you might learn! ( Especially on quiz-night!)
- Initial Animal List: Cows, Sheep, Goats, Chickens, Ostriches, Penguins, Llama, Horses & dogs
- Cooking & Baking variety. Lots of recipe's and way's to make a dish. Compete locally, regionally and nationally to become the nations best cook/baker!
The main character (You) lives in the big city! However due to some unfortunate circumstances you have lost your home and most of your possessions to the mafia. On your way home you pass by a realtor, and you see an amazing deal on an old farm not too far away. With no home and little chance to find somewhere else in the city you see this as a fresh start! An opportunity to get away from it all. You empty out your bank account, sell what remaining possessions you need to, and you buy the farm!
- Character driven story-telling approach. Each character has a history, internal conflicts, issues and distinct personalities.
- A more mature undertone: Unlike other games of this genre, we want characters to be deep, compelling and relatable. As such we have decided to take a slightly more mature approach with our storytelling, with characters having to deal with a range of issues, ranging from drinking problems to crisis of concience.
- Its not just about making friends: Its not about achieving the highest level of friendship with everyone in the town to achieve rewards. If you just dont like a particular character you can make them your enemy!
- Off-Duty Activities: Whilst running and mantaining the farm is important, we are also focusing strongly on activities available to the player when not on the farm, including activities (like dating, mystery solving, spying, learning to cook), jobs, entertainment & more social options. (with farm automation options later in the game to make it easier for those who get bored with the same routine after a few years).
- Contextual relationship building: NPC's will notice when you come out for drinks in the evening, if you're antisocial, or when you barge into their houses and rooms at odd hours off the night (and when you do it too much!), or begin to stalk them.
- Political System: Join the town council and help shape the direction of your town.
- Use of technology. Use evolving technologies (tv/ cellphones, etc) to help manage and automate your farms & relationships.
- Dog & Horse racing. Breed Dogs & Horses for races (yes more than one).
The sales associate gives you keys and directions, and before you know it you're home, packing what you have left into your car (before the Mafia throw you out!), and you drive out to the farm!
However its not all smiles and roses, getting to the farm is not as easy as it seems, and when you arrive, the townsfolk are friendly but distant, the town seems to hide a secret, there is a dark feeling coming from the forest...
Click over to the link below for more information.
Wild Season Kickstarter
Recent Mac Games News
Thursday, December 19, 2013
Wednesday, December 18, 2013
Tuesday, December 17, 2013
Monday, December 16, 2013
Friday, December 13, 2013
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.