Wasteland 2 Attributes And Skills Defined
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
In a Kickstarter update InXile Entertainment recently offered new information about the company's upcoming post-apocalyptic Wasteland 2 RPG. The new post includes details about progress on the core character systems of attributes and skills.
Attributes are the starting values that define your character. You allocate them at character creation and while they can be upgraded during the course of the game, opportunities to do so are sparse. Attributes are key in determining the core characteristics of your ranger. They affect things like how many action points you have, how much movement each action point allows, how many survival points you gain per level, your carry weight, and many other variables. We’ve always said choices and trade-offs are a main design focus and character creation certainly supports this. Attributes have a cap of 10 and you will start with a smaller attribute pool than you may be used to. Each attribute point has a dramatic effect on your ranger, which leads to some very different feeling rangers based on how you distribute them.Check out the rest at the link below.
Wasteland 2: Honing Our Skills
If a specific attribute is very low, that may cap the related skill or could mean the character is incapable of using some items with attribute requirements. Of course, we will be balancing attributes and skills throughout beta, so some of these might be modified further. Outside of the core uses, NPCs in the world will react to specific characters based on their attribute make-up.
The attributes are (with some but not all uses listed):
- Coordination (CO): General coordination and ability to operate firearms. Determines action points (AP) and increases your critical hit chance at range.
- Luck (LK): Luck of the roll. Improves crits with weapons, gives you a chance to get an additional AP during your turn and affects many other interactions throughout the wasteland.
- Awareness (AW): Ability to notice events happening around you. Increases initiative in combat (turn order), increases evasion rate.
- Strength (ST): Pure physical strength. Increases your maximum constitution earned per level, increases close combat damage, increases carry weight.
- Speed (SP): Physical speed and movement rate. Increases movement per AP in combat, reduces length of skill usage progress meters.
Intelligence (IQ): Knowledge, wisdom and general problem-solving. Increases skill points gained per level.
- Charisma (CHR): Charm, personality and swagger. How NPCs perceive your likeability or persuasiveness.
Buy Wasteland 2
Recent Mac Games News
Wednesday, October 9, 2013
Tuesday, October 8, 2013
Monday, October 7, 2013
Friday, October 4, 2013
Thursday, October 3, 2013
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.