Feral Announces XCOM: Enemy Within For Macs
3:56 PM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Feral Interactive today officially announced that the Mac version of XCOM: Enemy Within, the expansion pack for the award-winning strategy game XCOM: Enemy Unknown, will be released on November 12, 2013 in North America and November 15, 2013 internationally. Developed by Firaxis Games and published by 2K for PC and consoles, XCOM: Enemy Within adds a variety of new content to previously purchased copies of XCOM: Enemy Unknown and XCOM: Enemy Unknown - Elite Edition.
“XCOM: Enemy Within adds exciting tactical and strategic depth to an already fantastic game,” said David Stephen, Managing Director of Feral Interactive. “The addition of a new strategic resource and the new soldier upgrades present players with some crucial tradeoffs; but that’s just the beginning.”XCOM: Enemy Within for the Mac is rated M for Mature by the ESRB and will retail in North America for US $29.99.
Key features for XCOM: Enemy Within include:
Minimum system requirements call for a 2.0GHz Intel Mac with at least 4.0GB RAM, 256MB or better graphics card, and Mac OS 10.7.5 or later. The game does not support the following graphics cards: ATI X1xxx series, ATI HD2xxx series, Intel GMA series, NVIDIA 7xxx series and NVIDIA 8xxx series. The following graphics cards require 8GB of system RAM: Intel HD3000, NVIDIA 9400 and NVIDIA 320M. A copy of XCOM: Enemy Unknown or XCOM: Enemy Unknown - Elite Edition for Mac is required to play XCOM: Enemy Within.
- New Soldier Abilities: Research a new alien technology to advance the capabilities of operatives:
- Gene Mods: Construct the Genetics Lab to physically enhance operatives’ abilities, including augmentations to the chest, brain, eyes, skin and legs.
- MECs: Build the Cybernetics Lab to enable the construction of the new Mechanized Exoskeletal Cybersuit, or MEC. The new MEC Trooper class has specialized abilities and each suit can be upgraded with new weapons including the flamethrower, grenade launcher and more.
- New Weapons and Equipment: Give operatives an extra tactical edge with new projects from the engineering team in the Foundry.
- New Enemy Threats: Adopt new tactics to counter the threats from a host of new enemies, including the Mechtoid.
- New Strategic Resource: A valuable new alien resource, known as Meld, has been discovered. Secure it on the battlefield and use it carefully back at base to unlock new research and upgrades.
- New Tactical Challenges and Maps: Face new tactical challenges, on nearly 50% more maps.
- New Multiplayer Maps, Units and Abilities: Create custom squad from a wider array of options and dominate opponents in intense, one-on-one, turn-based matches.
XCOM: Enemy Within
Buy XCOM: Enemy Within
Recent Mac Games News
Monday, September 2, 2013
Friday, August 30, 2013
Thursday, August 29, 2013
Wednesday, August 28, 2013
Tuesday, August 27, 2013
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.