SimCity Mac Pre-Loading Begins
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Electronic Arts has announced that pre-loading is now available for those who pre-order SimCity for Mac, so those gamers can hit the ground running when the game is released on August 29. Development of the latest incarnation of the popular city building sim is being led by Maxis. SimCity Mac will feature "the same deep, rich gameplay that will define the PC experience as players on both platforms compete or collaborate to create a new world, together."
The defining city simulation is back! Create the city you desire and make the choices that shape your city and power the Sims within it. Every decision, big or small, has real consequences. Invest in heavy industry and your economy will soar—but at the expense of your Sims’ health as pollution spreads. Implement green technology and improve your Sims’ lives while risking higher taxes and unemployment. Team up with your friends to solve global challenges: launch a space shuttle, reduce carbon emissions, or build magnificent wonders. Compete on global and regional leaderboards to be the richest, the dirtiest, the happiest or the best place to visit!Learn more at the links below.
Electronic Arts (add to watch list)
Limited Edition Bonus Content
- Constructible Worlds — Creative and customizable world that offers unique gameplay benefits, all with a fun tactile interface.
- Sims Matter — The Sims in your city speak to you directly and it’s up to you to respond to their needs. Will you listen and be the toast of the town? Or abuse your power for fame and fortune
- Specialize in What You Love — Mold your city as a casino resort, manufacturing hub, educational enclave, and more, and then watch as a unique look and feel spread throughout your city.
- Multiplayer — Build a region with friends for the first time! Collaborate or compete in regional and global challenges and make decisions that impact the greater SimCity World.
- GlassBox Engine — SimCity introduces GlassBox, the revolutionary simulation technology that gives you the power to impact individual Sims lives, manage city level simulation, and balance multiple city simulations at once.
New Characters - Protector of SimCity MaxisMan vs. The Evil Dr. Vu and his henchman.Requirements:
Crime Waves - The Evil Dr. Vu is loose and will create havoc in your city. Normal police have their hands full against this Super Villain. The Evil Dr. Vu will solicit Sims to become his henchmen and carry out his dastardly deeds.
Super Hero HQ - Place MaxisMan's headquarters in your city to combat crime and keep your Sims safe. Upgrade with the Turbo Machine garage and the Reticulator landing pad.
Evil Villain Lair - Place Dr. Vu's Lair in your city to unleash a crime wave. As The Evil Dr. Vu commits more crimes, upgrade his lair with a special laboratory and a garage for the Evil VuMobile.
- Mac OS X 10.7.5
- 2 GHz Dual Core Intel Mac
- 2 GB RAM
- 12 GB HD Space
- ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT
- NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
- Intel HD Graphics 3000
SimCity (add to watch list)
Recent Mac Games News
Monday, August 26, 2013
Friday, August 23, 2013
Thursday, August 22, 2013
Wednesday, August 21, 2013
Tuesday, August 20, 2013
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.