Omerta: City Of Gangsters Released
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Kalypso Media's Omerta – City of Gangsters is now available for purchase. The 1920’s-era gangster-themed game is designed by the team behind Tropico 3 and 4 and mixes conquest-style strategic play with tactical combat.
Omerta - City of Gangsters is a simulation game with tactical turn-based combat. Taking the role of a fresh-from-the-boat immigrant, with dreams of the big life, the player will work his way up the criminal hierarchy of 1920’s Atlantic City. Starting with small jobs, his character recruits a gang and expands his empire by taking territory from other gangsters. Eventually he establishes his own crime syndicate and becomes the de facto ruler of Atlantic City.Omerta - City Of Gangsters is available now for $29.99, 25% off the regular price.
Omerta - City Of Gangsters (add to watch list)
The player strategically manages his business and his minions in a real-time format, slowly but steadily increasing his influence over the city. The player sends his henchmen out on missions ranging from assassinating an informant, to raiding a warehouse, springing a friend from prison, robbing a bank or attacking a rival gang’s hideout. Nobody is above the law in Atlantic City, so it always helps to have a little cash handy to bribe a policeman or pay off a politician.
The turn-based combat in Omerta – City of Gangsters focuses on the tactical command of “The Boss” and his henchmen. Cover and stealth are essential parts of any shootout in the game. Finding the best vantage point to gun down an enemy, while taking cover from a hailstorm of bullets, can be just as satisfying as sneaking quietly behind a foe and taking him down.
- Historically accurate representation of Atlantic City and its landmarks
- Strategic gameplay allows city overview, planning, expansion and gathering of intel
- Turn-based tactical combat with a cover system and stealth action
- 15 unique player controlled characters each with unique personalities and backgrounds
- A RPG system for development of player characters and managing their equipment
- Competitive and cooperative multiplayer mode with persistent gangs
- 15+ hours of gameplay in a single play-through
- 20 unique maps visualizing the various districts of Atlantic City
- Mac OS X 10.7 or later
- 2 GHz Intel Mac
- 2 GB RAM
- 5 GB HD Space
- 256 MB VRAM
- ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT
- NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GS
- Intel HD Graphics 3000
Buy Omerta - City Of Gangsters
Recent Mac Games News
Wednesday, August 7, 2013
Tuesday, August 6, 2013
Monday, August 5, 2013
Friday, August 2, 2013
Thursday, August 1, 2013
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.