Skyward Collapse Comes To MGS
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Arcen Games' Skyward Collapse is now available for download and purchase at Mac Game Store. The unique strategy title puts players in the role of The Creator, free to populate the floating continent of Luminith with gods, creatures, and artifacts from both Norse and Greek mythology. To succeed they must keep the Greeks and Norsemen alive and fighting until the end.
How do you balance - and indeed encourage - a war between factions without letting either side obliterate the other? How do you rule over gods, creatures, and men who refuse to obey you? How do you build a landscape of villages when bandits and mythology are conspiring to tear it down? Skyward Collapse places you into the role of The Creator, and frees you to tackle these problems your own way. Brought to you by the developer of the modern strategy classic AI War: Fleet Command, Arcen's second full strategy title is equally unique (but far easier to learn): a turn-based 4x strategic god-game.Skyward Collapse is avaiable now for $4.99 (USD).
Skyward Collapse (add to watch list)
Your task is to build and populate the floating continent of Luminith. You create - but cannot control - gods, creatures, and artifacts from both Greek and Norse mythology. The power you wield with these is immense: Heimdall's horn causes everyone outdoors to drop dead, for crying out loud. Your task is to keep both factions alive and fighting until The Master calls you home - but this is harder than it sounds. Bandit Keeps pop up periodically, as do Woes such as floods, serial killers, guild strikes, and vegetarian uprisings. Every game plays out differently, and you'll need even the craziest of your powers in order to survive what lies in store for you.
- A turn-based strategic god-game where you control neither faction, but instead strive to maintain the balance of power.
- Make towns and war as the boardgame-like floating continent continues to construct itself around you.
- Persuade your minions into doing what you want by controlling the circumstances of their (brief) lives.
- 16 gods, each with unique passive abilities and three active powers, help you further your goals as you pass into the Age of Monsters.
- Level up your player profile by winning games. Twelve unlockable buildings in all!
- Straightforward controls paired with an intuitive and helpful interface make this an easy title to pick up... but the strategy runs deep.
- Multiple difficulty levels let you play a very relaxed game up to a nail-bitingly difficult one. There's no one best way to win!
- Co-op multiplayer for up to 8 players.
Mac OS X 10.5.8 or later
- 1.6 GHz Intel Processor
- 2 GB RAM
- 300 MB HD Space
- Resolution at least 720px high, and 1024px wide
Buy Skyward Collapse
Recent Mac Games News
Friday, June 21, 2013
Thursday, June 20, 2013
Wednesday, June 19, 2013
Tuesday, June 18, 2013
Monday, June 17, 2013
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.