Map Building In Eschalon: Book III
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Basilisk Games recently released a screenshot for the company's upcoming Eschalon: Book III. The third title in the old school fantasy RPG series is currently in development and will complete the epic saga. The new screenshot offers a glimpse of the tools used to construct maps for the RPG.
Eschalon: Book III brings the trilogy to a climatic end as you seek to uncover the mystery of your past, the secrets of the Crux stones, and who the Orakur really are. You’ll traverse miles of virtual wilderness and dungeons, filled with secrets and danger, in an unparalleled role-playing experience designed to feel like a true pen-and-paper RPG.Learn more about Basilisk Games and Eschalon: Book III at the links below.
Map Making Screenshot
- The end of a saga! The final Book in the Eschalon Trilogy brings the story to an epic conclusion and all your questions will be answered. Of course, we’ve made sure Book III can be fully enjoyed even if you’ve never played the previous games.
- Dozens of fan-requested features and updates to the engine and rule set.
- Hundreds of graphic updates including re-rendered tiles, new spell effects, and enhanced environment effects. New sound effects and music in crystal-clear HD audio via an updated sound engine.
- Expanded stats for creatures give them new abilities, defenses and vulnerabilities. Combat will require new levels of strategy.
- New spells and hundreds of new items for you to discover. A huge world filled with secrets, riddles, traps, treasure, and glory awaits you!
- Book III is not a dumbed-down “RPG for the masses”. Rapid button clicking won’t save you here. Eschalon pays honor to the greatest RPGs of the past, with unlimited character development options and freedom to explore the world as you wish. The difficulty of the game does not scale to your character.
- Developer tools to be released shortly after the availability of the game. Build your own maps and make your own adventures!
- Single player only, like a great RPG should be.
Eschalon: Book III
Buy Eschalon: Book III
Recent Mac Games News
Monday, June 17, 2013
Friday, June 14, 2013
Thursday, June 13, 2013
Wednesday, June 12, 2013
Tuesday, June 11, 2013
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.