Anomaly 2 Launched
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
11 bit studios has launched Anomaly 2, the sequel to Anomaly Warzone Earth. Coming to Mac, Windows, and Linux PCs, the "tower offense" title features multiplayer action, a new single player campaign, and more than a million tactical combinations for squad building.
In the years following the invasion of Earth in 2018, the planet is overrun by alien machines. Humankind is on the verge of extinction. Banded together in huge convoys, they search the frozen tundra for food and supplies. Since the war, the roles have been reversed: now our species seems to be the Anomaly on a machine-controlled planet. Your convoy, Commander, is called Yukon.Check out the link below for more information.
Anomaly 2 is a real-time strategy game that takes the tower offense concept from Anomaly Warzone Earth to a new level. Maintaining the core concepts of the original – tactical planning and the on-field Commander to support troops in combat – Anomaly 2 introduces a number of important new features:
- Morph your troops into war mechs to discover the new face of strategy: each unit has a different mech form with various abilities to help you overcome specific combat situations.
- Engage in a multiplayer experience unique to Anomaly 2: tower defense vs. tower offense. Play as the towers and destroy the humans or lead the humans to annihilate the alien towers.
- Fight across a post-apocalyptic world in a new single-player campaign that offers a more intense strategy experience than the acclaimed original.
- Carve your own path to victory and create your ultimate battle squad. With more than a million tactical combinations to build your squad, your options in combat are nearly endless.
- Dive into a beautifully rendered world, thanks to the team’s new and improved visual engine.
- Experience alternative endings dependent upon your approach to enemy machines in the campaign.
Buy Anomaly 2
Recent Mac Games News
Tuesday, May 14, 2013
Monday, May 13, 2013
Friday, May 10, 2013
Thursday, May 9, 2013
Wednesday, May 8, 2013
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.