Play Ball! Out Of The Park Baseball 14 Now Available
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 1 comment
Out of the Park Developments has announced the release of Out of the Park Baseball 14. The latest edition of the popular baseball simulation features 2013 major league rosters, a completely recoded player origin system, new fielding ratings development system, better player development tracking, and an expanded real-time simulation experience.
OOTP 14 lets players run a major league team from top to bottom, setting lineups and pitching rotations, determining defensive and offensive strategies, and making dozens of game-time decisions, such as when to steal a base or employ a hit-and-run. A play-by-play text stream, combined with a visual representation of what's happening on the field and such audio effects as the crack of the bat and the roar of the crowd, make an OOTP game session feel like a radio broadcast.OOTP 14 is available now for Mac, Windows and Linux PCs for $39.99.
OOTP Developments (add to watch list)
Between games, players define scouting budgets, make trades, handle the amateur draft, scour the waiver wire, sign free agents, negotiate contract extensions, demote underperforming players to the minors and call up hot prospects, manage team finances, and more. Many tasks can be delegated to computer-controlled personnel, letting players focus on the aspects of baseball management that appeal to them most.
OOTP also features solo or online play, an historical mode featuring all seasons from 1871 through 2012, the ability to create custom leagues stocked with fictional players, a staggering set of league reports, and a realistic statistical engine based on modern baseball theory such as DIPS (Defense Independent Pitching Statistics).
Athletes perform in a consistent, realistic manner over ten, twenty, even fifty or more simulated years, letting players watch as their own Hall of Fame grows before their eyes. OOTP's innovative FaceGen feature also allows players' images to automatically change with age and when they switch teams.
OOTP 14 runs on the PC, Mac, and Linux operating systems and offers the following new features:
- 2013 major league teams and rosters, with player ratings officially based on Baseball Prospectus' PECOTA projection system, which has proven to be the most accurate player stats projection system on the market.
- All levels of minor league rosters, with thousands of real players. OOTP 14 also includes more real June draft prospects than ever before, with hundreds of them featured this year.
- A completely recoded player origin system, with five different methods for players to enter the league: the First-Year Player Draft, with the option to tweak nationalities; International Amateur Top Prospects, who are usually 16 or 17 years old; Established International Free Agents, allowing GMs to discover their own Ichiro or Yu Darvish; International Scouting Discoveries; and Players From Independent Leagues.
- Recoded player creation algorithms that ensure more stable long-term simulations and more realistic player careers and stats output.
- A new fielding ratings development system that reflects the reality that players typically shift to the right side of the defensive spectrum as they age. For example, a highly-talented shortstop may end up becoming a below-average corner outfielder during the waning years of his career.
- A recoded scouting system and better player development tracking.
- More information in the Real-Time Simulation mode introduced in OOTP 13. Now players can view the current batter-pitcher matchup, past plays, win probability, and more.
- Improved AI trading, along with a "Not Interested in Player X" function that prevents the AI from repeatedly offering the same player. Many other aspects of the AI, including roster management and contract negotiation, have been improved too.
- An improved interface that includes a new graphical depth chart screen, a new playoff analysis screen, better depth charts and pitching staff control, a "Pitch to Contact" option when playing out games, and more.
- Many more added features, including a Free Agent Draft, Achievements, one-click joining of online leagues, many more storylines, and other enhancements.
Out Of The Park Baseball 14 (add to watch list)
Buy Out Of The Park Baseball 14
Recent Mac Games News
Monday, April 15, 2013
Friday, April 12, 2013
Thursday, April 11, 2013
Wednesday, April 10, 2013
Tuesday, April 9, 2013
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.