Divinity: Original Sin Funded, Mac Version Reconfirmed
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Larian Studios recently surpassed its Kickstarter funding target for the upcoming Divinity: Original Sin fantasy role playing game. Although recent comments seemed to suggest a Mac version would be much delayed, the company has reaffirmed its commitment to releasing the game to Mac users as close as possible to the release of the Windows version.
Confirmed: Coming to Linux & Mac!The Divinity: Original Sin Kickstarter campaign is still under way. Check out the link below for more information.
Divinity: Original Sin Kickstarter
It's about time, but we are extremely happy to announce that Divinity: Original Sin will now definitely be coming to Mac & Linux. We will do everything we can to ensure that the release dates are going to coincide with the Windows PC release, but if that doesn't happen, it will be shortly after.
"We let RPG fans invest in our game now so that they could reap the gameplay rewards this fall," says Larian Studios' founder, Swen Vincke. "and they responded en masse. There were plenty of high-profile Kickstarter campaigns going on when we started out, yet we consistently managed to be in the top 3 on Kicktraq.com. Im very proud of having such a vocal and supportive community and well do everything we can to not disappoint them. Thank you all! "
With the funds raised through Kickstarter, Larian Studios wishes to expand its team to create more depth and diversity in Divinity: Original Sin. This includes more areas to explore, more character interactions, more quests with consequences, and increased options for character-building. In addition to releases of the final game, backers have opportunities to receive everything from special in-game items to roles within the game.
- Class-Free Progression Choose skills, abilities, and gear to create the character that 'you' want.
- Cooperative Play Drop-in/drop-out cooperative multiplayer with full-featured RPG gameplay for both players.
- Skill and Spell Combos A block of ice can be melted with fire, turned into a lethal pool of electricity, and refrozen into a slippery trap. This is one example of the many interactions possible.
- Meaningful Dialogue For better or worse, your conversations have actual and noticeable impacts in the game-world. When playing cooperatively, both players have a say in the outcome.
- Open-World Gameplay No artificial constraints to keep players from exploring the world or level-scaling to coddle you. If you are too weak for an area, you will quickly learn your lesson.
Divinity: Original Sin (add to watch list)
Recent Mac Games News
Tuesday, April 9, 2013
Monday, April 8, 2013
Friday, April 5, 2013
Thursday, April 4, 2013
Wednesday, April 3, 2013
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.