StarCraft II Swarms Mac Game Store
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Blizzard Entertainment's popular sci-fi real time strategy title StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty and the recently released Heart of the Swarm expansion are now available for download and purchase at Mac Game Store. The game continues in the footsteps of its classic predecessor, giving players new opportunities to enjoy battles between Terran, Protoss, and Zerg factions in single and multplayer situations.
StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty is the sequel to Blizzard Entertainment's 1998 hit StarCraft, which has been hailed by players and critics worldwide as one of the top real-time strategy games of all time. StarCraft II will once again center on the clash between the protoss, terrans, and zerg, with each side deploying favorite units from the original StarCraft, along with numerous upgraded and brand-new units and abilities that allow for fresh tactics and strategies. The game's new 3D-graphics engine maintains the speed and responsive control of its predecessor while rendering hundreds of units onscreen for massive battles. StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty's solo campaign will continue the epic saga where it left off in StarCraft: Brood War. The storyline chronicles the exploits of marshal-turned-rebel-leader Jim Raynor and features both familiar faces and new heroes. Players will be able to tailor the experience, choosing their own mission path and selecting technology and research upgrades to suit their playing style throughout the 29-mission campaign. Several challenge-mode mini-games will also be included, with focused goals designed to ease players into the basics of multiplayer strategies. In addition, dozens of multiplayer maps will be available for competitive play through the new version of Battle.net, which is launching alongside StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty. This new version of the service has been built from the ground up to offer an unparalleled online play experience, with new features such as voice communication, character profiles and achievements, stat-tracking, ladders and leagues, cloud file storage, and more.StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty and Heart of the Swarm are available now for $39.99 (USD) each.
Blizzard Entertainment (add to watch list)
StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm is the first expansion to the 2010 release of the heralded Real-Time strategy game, StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty. Heart of the Swarm features a new campaign continuing the epic story of Sarah Kerrigan, Queen of Blades, as she gathers the remnants of the Zerg Swarm and plots her revenge against the treacherous dictator of the Koprulu sector, Arcturus Mengsk. It also introduces several new multiplayer units and features that enhance the acclaimed StarCraft II online experience.
- CALL DOWN THE THUNDER - Whether you command the mysterious Protoss, the nomadic Terrans or the ruthless Zerg, you must decide how to outwit or outgun the enemy in an unforgiving universe of intense strategic combat.
- WEAPONS PRIMED - Devise and deploy merciless strategies with over 30 new units and weapons at your command. Torch foes with the Hellionís flamethrower, ambush adversaries with acid-spewing Banelings or deploy the Void Rayís prismatic beam to annihilate your enemies.
- MASTER YOUR DESTINY - Lead Raynorís Raiders in their quest for vengeance and glory as they burn a path across the galaxy. You choose which missions to take, which story-lines to complete and where to invest your hard-earned cash.
- MEGA MULTIPLAYER - Wage unrelenting war on your friends and foes over the all-new Battle.net. Whether itís your first time gaming online or youíre a multiplayer veteran, Battle.netís unrivaled AutoMatch technology makes sure itís always a fair fight.
Continue the Story Where Wings of Liberty Left Off
Heart of the Swarm picks up the story of StarCraft II where the 2010 release, Wings of Liberty, left off, focusing on Kerrigan's quest to reunite the Swarm and exact revenge on Arcturus Mengsk. Over the course of 20 campaign missions, players will follow Kerrigan as she sweeps across the galaxy, incorporating a variety of distinctive zerg species into her brood. Kerrigan will grow in strength from mission to mission, and players will be able to customize her with powerful new abilities, as well as evolve various zerg strains into fearsome new subspecies to suit their play style.
New Weapons, Units and Multiplayer Features
New weapons of war also debut in Heart of the Swarm's multiplayer, including new units such as Terran Hellbats, Zerg Swarm Hosts, and Protoss Tempests, while certain existing units from Wings of Liberty will be updated with new capabilities. New features will enhance the game experience, including group and clan systems; unranked matchmaking; Global Play, enabling players to battle others in different regions around the world; additional stat tracking; user interface improvements; an enhanced physics system, for more visceral looking battles; multiplayer replays, to watch replays with friends; a leveling system that gives Heart of the Swarm players a new way to earn customization options for their online profiles; and much more.
- An all-new, Zerg-based campaign, that focuses on Kerrigan, the erstwhile 'Queen of Blades'
- Access to approximately 20 new missions
- The release of new StarCraft II units and new maps
- Improvements to Battle.net, including StarCraft Marketplace, timed to coincide with the release of Heart of the Swarm
- New multiplayer options, including group and clan systems, unranked matchmaking, global play enabling players to battle others in different regions around the world, multiplayer replays, additional stat tracking, and others
- A leveling system that gives Heart of the Swarm players a new way to earn customization options for their online profiles
- PC and Mac system compatibility ensures that everyone can play
StarCraft II: Wings Of Liberty (add to watch list)
StarCraft II: Heart Of The Swarm (add to watch list)
Buy StarCraft II: Wings Of Liberty
Buy StarCraft II: Heart Of The Swarm
Recent Mac Games News
Tuesday, March 19, 2013
Monday, March 18, 2013
Friday, March 15, 2013
Thursday, March 14, 2013
Wednesday, March 13, 2013
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.