Reimagined Shadowgate Reaches Funding Target
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Zojoi has announced the successful completion of a Kickstarter campaign to fund the creation of a new version of the team's classic point-and-click adventure game, Shadowgate. The new game is described as a "re-imagining" of the original rather than a port of the old title to new platforms, and will feature more than 60 rooms, new and updated puzzles, first person adventuring, an improved user interface, and a new soundtrack.
"The last thing that you remember is standing before the wizard Lakmir as he gestured wildly and chanted in an archaic tongue. Now you find yourself staring at an entryway which lies at the edge of a forest."For more information follow the links provided.
So begins the legend of Shadowgate, the grandaddy of all 'point and click' fantasy adventure games - a title that paved the way for a host of fantasy games to follow. In Shadowgate, you move from room to room through the labyrinths of the living castle, confronting the devilish denizens and confounding the fiendish traps laid by the Warlock Lord. Your quest is to fulfill an ancient prophecy by gathering various objects of power along with three ancient artifacts. Once assembled, these relics of old comprise the Staff of Ages - the only weapon that can stop the traitorous sorcerers' plan of unleashing the Behemoth, a titan of tremendous power, on an unsuspecting world.
We are proud to announce that we are creating a new Shadowgate! While we published the original game on over ten different platforms, this Shadowgate is NOT A PORT. It's a re-imagining that includes a lot of new features, exciting updates and ingenious additions that will add even more to the mythology and expand upon the original story of our fantasy classic. This is the Shadowgate that we always wanted to make and we are thrilled that we have the opportunity to capture the unique excitement of the original while expanding on the world and mythos like never before. And if you've never played a first-person adventure title, this is the one to start with!
Shadowgate will contain many cool features and options:
- Rooms: More than 60 beautifully illustrated rooms featuring both new and familiar locations, offering a new play experience
- Puzzles: Lots of new and updated puzzles that seamlessly expand on the original game
- First Person Adventuring: Utilize your inventory, spell book, mapping system and on-screen help to complete your quest
- Commands: Intuitive command-based UI allows you to interact extensively with the environments
- Storytelling: Features the same great storytelling you expect from a Shadowgate adventure
- Cinematic Score: A full, digitally-orchestrated soundtrack by composer Rich Douglas
- 8-bit Score: A second retro soundtrack featuring Hiroyuki Masuno's original NES composition
- Soundscapes: A complete atmospheric and puzzle-based sound design
- Animations: Environmental and object-specific animation bring each location to life
- Platforms: Supports Windows, Mac, iOS and Android tablets
Recent Mac Games News
Thursday, November 22, 2012
Wednesday, November 21, 2012
Tuesday, November 20, 2012
Monday, November 19, 2012
Friday, November 16, 2012
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.