Borderlands 2 Announced For Mac, November 20 Release
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 28 comments
Aspyr Media has announced it will be bringing Borderlands 2 to Mac users on November 20. The sequel continues the series trademark blending of first person shooter and role playing game elements with action packed gameplay and zany humor. The game features all new characters and classes, cross platform online play, a new story, new gun system, new environments, and new enemies.
Borderlands 2 furthers the distinct blending of First Person Shooter and Role Playing genres to create the true evolution of the Role Playing Shooter. Team up with up to three other players for four-player online goodness, sharing mayhem as you spend hours leveling up your character and equipping them with one of the millions of badass weapons. Borderlands 2 features a new visually stunning array of procedurally generated guns, shields, grenades, artifacts, enemies and more. Choose one of the four new character classes to be taken through a carefully crafted and connected story to all new and surprising environments across the living planet of Pandora. Make new friends, arm them to the teeth and fight alongside them on your relentless quest for revenge and redemption.Borderlands 2 is available to pre-order now for $59.95 (USD).
Borderlands 2 FAQ
- All-New Characters and Classes: Choose from all new characters and classes including the Gunzerker, who can dual-wield any two weapons in the game. Dual machine guns? Cool. Dual rocket launchers? Of course! Dual Sniper Rifles? Sure, if that's your thing! More tactical perhaps? There are multiple classes to choose from!
- Play Online with Friends: Share your adventures with friends on both Mac and PC through a seamless system enabling you to drop in and drop out of a campaign without ever having to restart the game.
- World Connected Story: Left for dead in the frozen tundra of Pandora, begin your quest of revenge and redemption as the story drives you closer to the Hyperion Corporation and its evil founder, Handsome Jack.
- New Badass Gun System: Millions upon millions of possible weapons means tons of new and innovative ways to engage foes on Pandora. Fire, electricity, corrosive acid, and more will all be at your disposal.
- 87 Bazillion...Everything: It's not just guns on Pandora, you will lust after procedurally generated shields,grenades, alien artifacts, class mods and much, much more.
- Brand new environments: From the arctic tundra, through the dangerous grasslands, past the mysterious corrosive caverns to beyond, discover more of the unpredictable world of Pandora at every turn!
- Brand new enemies: Hulking, gorilla-like Bullymongs, vicious predatory Stalkers and the Hyperion mechanical army, run by Handsome Jack, are just some of the new enemies you will face.
From the FAQ:
- Operating System: 10.7.5 (Lion), 10.8.2 (Mountain Lion)
- CPU Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo (Dual-Core)
- CPU Speed: 2.2 GHz
- Memory: 4 GB
- Hard Disk Space: 13 GB
- Video Card – ATI: Radeon HD 2600
- Video Card – NVidia: Geforce 8800
- Video Memory (VRam) : 256 MB
- Peripherals: Macintosh mouse and keyboard
Q: Does Borderlands 2 for the Mac feature Steam Play?
A: Yes! Borderlands 2 for Mac is a full-featured Steam Play title. See https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=9439-QHKN-1308 for more information on how Steam Play works from Valve.
Q: Will Mac players be able to play with PC players in multiplayer co-op?
A: Yes! Although in some cases when the PC updates content, the Mac version will be out of sync with the PC for a time. Aspyr is dedicated to minimizing any downtime between the Mac and PC versions. It’s important to note that during this time where the Mac version is catching up, Mac users will still be able to play with Mac users.
Buy Borderlands 2
Recent Mac Games News
Thursday, November 8, 2012
Wednesday, November 7, 2012
Tuesday, November 6, 2012
Monday, November 5, 2012
Friday, November 2, 2012
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.