Iron Sky: Invasion Coming December 12
6:00 AM | IMG News | 2 comments
TopWare Interactive's Iron Sky: Invasion is available for pre-order now from Mac Game Store. Scheduled for a December 12 release the new game is based on sci-fi comedy film Iron Sky. In the game players will fight against the invaders as one of Earth's defenders.
In the near future, mankind faces the greatest threat to its posterity ever in recorded history: an invading Nazi horde, reborn in the depths of space!Iron Sky: Invasion is available now for $39.99 (USD).
Iron Sky: Invasion
An armada of Fourth Reich ships, built in secret at a hidden base on the moon, descends upon the Earth to rain terror and destruction. But this is not done without resistance. A cadre of crack space pilots have stepped forth to defend our Mother Earth from becoming the new Fatherland of this twisted regime. A lone pilot, entering the hangar to see three state-of-the-art, prototypes ships awaiting him, knows he is the only one who can save Planet Earth. It is up to him and his brothers in arms alone to ensure that humanity stays free of the yolk of Nazism for good and all...
Set during the main conflict of the movie, “Iron Sky: Invasion” puts players in the cockpit of an advanced new starfighter, to test his or her might, flight and dogfighting skills against the forthcoming Blitzkrieg-on-high. The main objectives are to defend Earth and its space installations from enemy attacks, blast as many Nazi ships into oblivion as humanly possible, collect and skillfully manage necessary resources, and make it alive to the final confrontation… where the ultimate secret weapon of the Fourth Reich awaits those foolishly brave enough to take up the hammer and chisel of heroism and attempt to carve their names onto the tablets of history.
Blind Spot Pictures, the film making masterminds behind the hit movie “Iron Sky”, have teamed up with Reality Pump, the game development studio responsible for multiple blockbuster game franchises (such as the “Earth” series and the “Two Worlds” games) to deliver the next big thing in space combat simulation - “Iron Sky: Invasion”.
- Unique, genre-busting gameplay - space flight and combat simulation, with elements of RTS
- Breathtaking 3-D universe filled with awe-inspiring effects to match those of the film, courtesy of the powerful GRACE 2 engine
- Avant-garde game structure: with no division into single missions, “Iron Sky: Invasion” is one giant, open-world battle
- Innovative energy management: players can transfer the ship’s power between engines, shields and weapons, depending on the needs of the moment
- Non-stop action of spectacular ship-to-ship dogfights to rival even the greatest space battles of science fiction lore
- Resource management: players can scavenge parts from destroyed spaceships, collecting precious elements for enhancements
- Multiple weapons: lasers, homing missiles, and even tactical nukes are just a few examples of the vast arsenal at players’ disposal
- Enhanced combat technology allows players to deploy satellites and drones for offense, and to defend themselves with flares and anti-missile arrays
- Advanced Artificial Intelligence to challenge even the most crackshot pilot
- Multiple classes of ships: Fighter, Heavy Bomber, and Gunboat
- Massive upgrades: home station docking opens a user-friendly game economy allowing players to access hundreds of ship upgrades
- Numerous enemy ship classes, from Valkyrie to the fearful Götterdämmerung
- Diverse enemy attack fleets demand adaptable, dynamic strategies
- Mac OS X10.6
- Intel Mac Only
- 2 GHz CPU
- 1 GB RAM
- 1.5 GB HD Space
- 512 MB VRAM
- Video (ATI): ATI Radeon HD 4670
Video (NVIDIA): NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GS
Buy Iron Sky: Invasion
Recent Mac Games News
Friday, October 26, 2012
Thursday, October 25, 2012
Wednesday, October 24, 2012
Tuesday, October 23, 2012
Monday, October 22, 2012
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.