First Gameplay Footage For SimCity Revealed
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 1 comment
Electronic Arts has released a new video featuring the first gameplay footage from the upcoming SimCity. Scheduled for an early 2013 release, development of the latest incarnation of the popular city building sim is being led by Maxis. SimCity Mac will once again give players the chance to construct and manage a thriving city.
Gameplay Strategy Video #1Check out the video at the page linked below.
YouTube: SimCity Gameplay Footage
Watch the first look at gameplay as producer Stone Librande walks through the basic strategies and simulation of SimCity! SimCity is about endless choices. Ultimately you can do whatever you want, focus on growing your population, increasing wealth or even build a city that looks like your hometown. Whatever your motivation, you have to the power to experiment with a number of different strategies. How you choose to play will influence your city, the neighbouring cities and the lives of all the Sims across the region.
The defining city simulation is back! Create the city you desire and make the choices that shape your city and power the Sims within it. Every decision, big or small, has real consequences. Invest in heavy industry and your economy will soar—but at the expense of your Sims’ health as pollution spreads. Implement green technology and improve your Sims’ lives while risking higher taxes and unemployment. Team up with your friends to solve global challenges: launch a space shuttle, reduce carbon emissions, or build magnificent wonders. Compete on global and regional leaderboards to be the richest, the dirtiest, the happiest or the best place to visit!
Limited Edition Bonus Content
- Constructible Worlds — Creative and customizable world that offers unique gameplay benefits, all with a fun tactile interface.
- Sims Matter — The Sims in your city speak to you directly and it’s up to you to respond to their needs. Will you listen and be the toast of the town? Or abuse your power for fame and fortune
- Specialize in What You Love — Mold your city as a casino resort, manufacturing hub, educational enclave, and more, and then watch as a unique look and feel spread throughout your city.
- Multiplayer — Build a region with friends for the first time! Collaborate or compete in regional and global challenges and make decisions that impact the greater SimCity World.
- GlassBox Engine — SimCity introduces GlassBox, the revolutionary simulation technology that gives you the power to impact individual Sims lives, manage city level simulation, and balance multiple city simulations at once.
New Characters - Protector of SimCity™ MaxisMan vs. The Evil Dr. Vu and his henchman.
Crime Waves - The EvilDr. Vu is loose and will create havoc in your city. Normal police have their hands full against this Super Villain. The Evil Dr. Vu will solicit Sims to become his henchmen and carry out his dastardly deeds.
Super Hero HQ - Place MaxisMan’s headquarters in your city to combat crime and keep your Sims safe. Upgrade with the Turbo Machine garage and The Reticulator landing pad.
Evil Villain Lair - Place Dr. Vu’s Lair in your city to unleash a crime wave. As The Evil Dr. Vu commits more crimes, upgrade his lair with a special laboratory and a garage for the Evil VuMobile.
Recent Mac Games News
Thursday, October 4, 2012
Wednesday, October 3, 2012
Tuesday, October 2, 2012
Monday, October 1, 2012
Friday, September 28, 2012
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.