Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition will include the following enhancements:Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition will be available in September for $19.99 (USD). Check out the new visuals at the link below.
The Black Pits is one of the enhancements that make up Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition that allows you to create a full party and battle through fifteen hellish battles in a desperate bid to escape. Difficult challenges, unique battles, and a bizarre cast of characters await you within the Underdark!
- New Adventure: The Black Pits
- New Character: Dorn Il-Khan
- New Character: Neera the Wild Mage
- New Character: Rasaad yn Bashir
- A new collection of player character voice sets
- Native support for high resolution widescreen displays
- Over 400 improvements to the original game
- Improved multiplayer support, with connectivity between all platforms
The Black Pits are your new home... enjoy your stay while you can!
- A stand-alone adventure set deep within the Underdark
- Fifteen levels of arena-style combat challenges
- Full control and customization of up to six party members
- Over 6 hours of additional gameplay
Dorn Il-Khan is a half-orc Blackguard whose otherworldly patron grants him terrible powers in the form of his black sword and unholy spells. Add him to your Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition and inflict evil to the last corpse.
Dorn adds the following Enhancments to Baldur's Gate:
Betrayed by his former companions, the half-orc Dorn Il-Khan lusts for revenge and glory in equal measure.
- The Blackguard Dorn II-Khan, a new NPC to join your party
- Up to four hours of additional gameplay
- The Blackguard kit to create your own champion of evil
Neera the Wild Mage is a half-elf wild mage slowly coming to terms with her enormous magical potential. Add her to your Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition experience and ignite your wild side.
Neera adds the following Enhancements to Baldur's Gate:
This half-elf wild mage finds both delight and terror in her capricious magic while fleeing both her past mistakes and the merciless Red Wizards of Thay.
- The Wild Mage Neera, a new NPC to join your party
- An engaging romantic adventure
- Up to four hours of additional gameplay
- New area: a secluded hideaway northeast of Durlag's Tower
Rasaad yn Bashir is a Calishite Monk demonstrating his monastic arts to the people of Nashkel. His quest ultimately leads into the highest reaches of the Cloud Peaks, where he must face an unexpected nemesis. Add him to your Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition experience to unleash the Monk's extraordinary power.
Rasaad adds the following Enhancements to Baldur's Gate:
Rasaad's adventure through the never seen before Cloud Peaks adds up to four hours of additional gameplay.
- The Monk Rasaad yn Bashir, a new NPC to join your party
- A new playable adventure
- New area: the Cloud Peaks
Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition features an updated and improved interface that has native support for high resolution and widescreen displays. The iPad and Android Tablet versions both contain platform specific interface enhancements.
Online multiplayer has been upgraded to include matchmaking functionality, and games can be played across multiple platforms. Adventurers on iPad, Mac, PC and Android Tablets can all play Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition together.
Core Game Improvements
The Enhanced Edition of Baldur's Gate has been given an extensive overhaul. The original source code has been cleaned up and improved, sped up, and now has support for modern platforms. Over 400 issues from the original game have been found and fixed.
Baldur's Gate 2 Features
All of the additions and improvements from Baldur's Gate 2: The Shadows of Amn have been brought to Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition. Now you can use class kits, new subraces and classes that were previously unavailable.
All of the Baldur's Gate cinematics have been replaced with beautifully hand painted animated cinematics, directed by Nat Jones.
Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition will continue to receive improvements after release, along with continued support for the vibrant mod community that has helped it remain so popular for so long.