Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gods & Kings Available Now
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Aspyr Media has announced that Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gods & Kings, Firaxis Games' expansion pack for the award-winning Civilization V, is now available for the Mac in North America and will be available internationally on June 22, 2012. The expansion "takes players from founding the first Pantheon of the Gods and spreading religion across the world, to deploying spies in enemy cities to steal information and technology, and much more."
“Sid Meier’s Civilization V: Gods & Kings coming to the Mac and the Mac App Store day-and-date with the PC release is great for Civilization fans,” said Ted Staloch, executive vice president of Aspyr Media. “Gods and Kings is the ultimate Civilization V addition, and we think fans and newcomers both will enjoy the rich new content’”Sid Meier’s Civilization V: Gods & Kings is available now for download on the Mac for $29.99.
Developed by Firaxis Games and brought to the Mac by Aspyr Media, Sid Meier’s Civilization V: God & Kings takes players through time as they engage in new quests and global competitions, interact with new types of city-states, and master exciting new systems for land and naval combat. Nine new civilizations, each ruled by a new leader; nine new wonders; three original scenarios; and dozens of new units, buildings, technologies and resources have also been added, offering even more ways for players to expand their empire on their quest to rule the world.
Key features include:
- Expanded Epic Game: The core game experience has been greatly expanded with the addition of new technologies, 27 new units, 13 new buildings and nine new Wonders;
- New Civilizations and Leaders: Gods & Kings features nine new civilizations, each with unique traits, units, buildings and leaders;
- New Game Scenarios: Three new scenarios let gamers experience the medieval period, the fall of Rome, and embark on a new adventure in Empires of the Smoky Skies, a Victorian steampunk scenario;
- The Return of Religion: A first for Civilization V, players seek out Faith, choosing a Pantheon of the Gods and creating Great Prophets to found and spread their customized religion across the world;
- World Domination: The fight for world domination is more dynamic than ever. Gods & Kings features a reworked combat system and AI that places more emphasis on a balanced army composition. Additionally, the navy is now split into two different ship types, melee and ranged, making coastal cities vulnerable to a surprise naval attack;
- Enhanced Diplomacy and Espionage: Establish embassies at foreign courts for closer ties or clandestine operations. As the religions of the world start settling in and the world moves into the Renaissance, spies can be unlocked to establish surveillance of foreign cities, steal advanced technologies from your strongest competitors, or garner influence with City-States through election rigging, or even a coup;
- City-States: Two new city-state types have been added, Mercantile and Religious, adding new gameplay to a greatly expanded quest system to further the narrative of the game and making diplomatic victories more challenging.
To view more of the game check out the pictorial first look available at GrogHeads.
Aspyr Media (add to watch list)
Civilization V: Gods & Kings (add to watch list)
GrogHeads: Civ V Gods & Kings First Look
Buy Civilization V: Gods & Kings
Recent Mac Games News
Monday, June 18, 2012
Friday, June 15, 2012
Thursday, June 14, 2012
Wednesday, June 13, 2012
Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.