M4 Tank Brigade Rolls Onto Macgamestore
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
iEntertainment Network's M4 Tank Brigade is now available for purchase from Macgamestore.com. The World War II tank simulator is a new version of MicroProse Software's M1 Tank Platoon. It features 30 different vehicles, a full campaign mode, and the chance to battle against other players online.
M1 Tank Platoon was one of the very best games of MicroProse Software and sold over 3 million copies worldwide. Now the producer and director of the M1 Tank Platoon product, Wild Bill Stealey, Founder of MicroProse Software, is back with a new version of his famous M1 Tank Platoon game with a game for World War II, M4 Tank Brigade.M4 Tank Brigade is available now for $29.95 (USD).
iEntertainment Network (add to watch list)
What made M1 Tank Platoon famous was its combination of strategy and tactics. Not only could player’s fight from individual armored vehicles but they could also be the Field General controlling all the vehicles in their Brigade using the Combat Tactical Map to accomplish Strategic Battle Missions.
The new Enhanced Graphics (EG) system gives players fast combat armored battles across the embattled Battle Spaces of World War II with a brand a new polygon display system, including more detail in the tanks, the terrains, and brand new enhanced special effects. New sounds, new tracers, and new explosions greatly enhance the M4 Tank Brigade, EG experience! Players can also command Artillery and Air Power attacks from aircraft on your side on the enemy! But the enemy can do that to the player too!
M4 Tank Brigade promises to become the standard in World War II tank games with explosive gameplay, unparalleled realism, and beautifully rendered, historically accurate terrains. Choose to battle with 30 different World War II combat vehicles, including Shermans, Pershings, and the intimidating Panzer Tiger tanks!
M4 Tank Brigade brings a full Campaign mode where players start in early World War II tanks and progress through the years of 1939 to 1945 getting better and more deadly tanks as the war goes on. Players can play from either the Axis or Allied sides.
M4 Tank Brigade does not end here though. Players can enter iEntertainment Network’s acclaimed Massively Multiplayer Online network, providing countless hours of intense battle and endless fun battling it out with other “online soldiers” from around the globe. Players can access the FREE Massively Multiplayer version, M4 Tank Brigade Online, from their single player game or from the www.M4TankBrigade.com website. This Online FREE play is always available for purchasers of M4 Tank Brigade!
- Follow on to the World Famous “M1 Tank Platoon” from MicroProse Software The fun and excitement of the original M1 Tank Platoon is back from IENT CEO Wild Bill Stealey who was the person who thought up the original M1 concept, acted as the game producer, and acted as the head tester for the original M1 Tank Platoon when he was Founder and CEO of MicroProse Software.
- Proven Track Record. M4 Tank Brigade, the WWII ground simulation is built upon the framework of the widely popular gaming system and concepts of the WarBirds TotalSims series of military games, deemed the “top of the online flight-simming pyramid”1 and several time winner of “simulation of the year” awards.
- Campaign and Single-player options. The new ‘ease of use’ interface will have the players immersed in the exciting single player action in no time! Players get dozens of missions and campaigns, including Training and Practice, Instant Action, and an integrated Campaign – these missions provide explosive, action-packed gameplay that will transform a novice pilot into the most feared Tank Commander of the Great War!
- Multiple Skill Levels for Beginners to Experts. Enjoy M4 Tank Brigade as an arcade game or as a simulation. The arcade level is Tanker, which has an outside third person view, a gunsight that can be used outside, auto targeting, and auto drive features so even the most raw recruit can find the battle to engage the enemy! The player moves on to Gunnery Sergeant, Tank Commander, and then Platoon Leader. Each level moves the player more and more to the ultimate simulation of real tank combat during World War II.
- New Player Support. M4 Tank Brigade delivers exciting and helpful options to make driving and gunning a breeze for new players. All the commands and keyboard keys will be available while the game is playing with easy access.
- New Role-playing Reward System. M4 Tank Brigade introduces its new role-playing reward system that invites players to become immersed in their personas by allowing them to grow in rank and medals as they successfully complete missions.
- Historical Accuracy and Remarkable Detail. M4 Tank Brigade dedicates itself entirely to the same remarkable historical accuracy and attention to detail that has made the WarBirds series one of the most visually impressive war sims ever.
- A Wealth of Options. Players can choose from countless online scenarios, modes and options that gives M4 Tank Brigade a stunningly deep playing experience. Pick from over 15 historical ground vehicles and an array of WWII aircraft, each with its entirely unique combat characteristic and “personality,” making each game a new experience.
- Online Play. Master the single player missions and training and you will be ready for the next step – battling other live players online! Play in the online arenas for Free and join the TotalSims community arenas where hundreds of players recreate the actual missions of World War II. The TotalSims online community has consistently been rated one of the best and most helpful to beginners, providing a perfect environment for non-experienced and veteran players alike.
- Mac OS X 10.4.6 or later
- Memory: 512 MB
- Video Card that supports Hardware T&L and Shader 3 Graphics.
- Internet Connection required for online play.
M4 Tank Brigade (add to watch list)
Buy M4 Tank Brigade
Recent Mac Games News
Wednesday, May 9, 2012
Tuesday, May 8, 2012
Monday, May 7, 2012
Friday, May 4, 2012
Thursday, May 3, 2012
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.