Red Baron 2012 Flys Onto Macgamestore
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
iEntertainment Network's Red Baron 2012 is now available for purchase from Macgamestore.com. The World War I aerial combat simulator features enhanced graphics, historical accuracy, and exciting gameplay for players of all skill levels.
Red Baron 2012, Enhanced Graphics (EG) gives players fast-flying combat aerial fights across the embattled skies of Europe during World War I with a brand new graphic system, with more polygons and more detail in the aircraft, the terrains, and all the special effects. New sounds, new tracers, new explosions greatly enhance the Red Baron 2012, EG experience! Red Baron 2012 is available now for $29.95 (USD).
Red Baron 2012 (add to watch list)
World War I was the period in History when the aeroplane came of age. Two brothers from Dayton, Ohio, USA, invented the aeroplane in 1903. Eleven years later, the military had begun to purchase this new invention, primarily for observation purposes.
By 1916, the airplanes were being armed with more powerful and more deadly guns. What began as a gentlemen’s profession turned into a deadly aerial ballet. The pilots on the Allied side did not even wear parachutes. It was not considered manly and the commanders thought it would make pilots abandon their airplanes too early.
The biggest ace of the period was Baron Von Richthofen, “The RED BARON!” The Red Baron collected 80 kills during the war. Von Richthofen learned to fly in March 1915 and died in April 1918 in a battle with 8 Sopwith Camels.
World War I flying games have sold millions of units at retail. Two products alone have sold over 1 million units. Sierra Online launched the first game called Red Baron, which sold more than 700,000 units. MicroProse launched Knights of the Sky and sold over 300,000 units (this game was produced by IENT CEO, JW Wild Bill Stealey).
World War I flyers did not use missiles, radars, or battle from a distance. These pilots could look the enemy in the eye. These pilots also flew close to the ground and always had to be concerned about ground fire. Red Baron 2012 is a graphically excellent, historically correct, and exciting simulation game for arcade, realistic, and expert players.
- Search for the Red Baron 2012! Get to be the best WW I Aviator in the World! Win the Title of WGFP! “World’s Greatest Fighter Pilot” of WW I.
- Campaign Mission of WW I from 1914 to 1918. Thousands of randomized missions so no two missions ever the same!
- Full set of Training and Practice and Instant Action Mission
- Fly aircraft, airships, (Zeppelins), defend in anti-aircraft guns, drive trucks or armored vehicles to take enemy territory and accomplish your missions.
- Real world topography of the area of Europe where WW I took place.
10 authentic WW I airplanes.
- Authentic sounds and vintage photographs included in the game.
- Ability to play MMOG online with hundreds of other live players around the world. Free 14 Day Online account on www.TotalSims.com.
- Intel Mac
- Mac OS X 10.4.6 or later
- 256 MB RAM
- ATI Radeon 9800 equivalent or greater with 128 MB or higher video RAM.
- High Speed Internet Connection required for Online play.
Buy Red Baron 2012
Recent Mac Games News
Thursday, May 3, 2012
Wednesday, May 2, 2012
Tuesday, May 1, 2012
Monday, April 30, 2012
Friday, April 27, 2012
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.